Cyhra - Jesper and Peter's new band

I already said Jake sounds very similar like Timo from Stratovarius but obviously without the hint of Finnish accent.

Yep, and without the voice and style of singing.

But, you know what? I'm gonna concede you that. Why? My wife cannot tell Bruce Dickinson from Mikael Kiske though, to me, they're as different as day and night. So it is possible for people to hear things in a different way.

Jake sounds nothing like Timo :D if you want a genuine comparison you'd be better off looking at Russell Allen from Symphony X. Not exactly but a similar style.

I just can't get over Anders being compared to Kurt Cobain :D I lost it at that.

Jake doesn't sound anything like Timo. Timo has higher, more classical vocals.

OK, maybe in a way they do sound alike. Timo can sing, Jake can sing. So they are quite similar and boring. Anders can't sing, so he's unique.

No I was strictly talking about the vibrato style, Jake sounds very similar with vibrato, obviously not when he's calm singing or whatever.

Also not my fault you can't read or understand de4life. I was talking about the word unique in regard to vocalists and gave Kurt Cobain as an example of a unique singer, I wasn't comparing him to anyone.

Last edited:
No I was strictly talking about the vibrato style, Jake sounds very similar with vibrato, obviously not when he's calm singing or whatever.
Then he is also like Bruce Dickinson. And then anders sings just like many other singers.

He would be, if I was claiming anyone using vibrato sounds similar, which I didn't so...No

Feels like you're deciding the meaning of whatever you read all the time.

Also not my fault you can't read or understand de4life. I was talking about the word unique in regard to vocalists and gave Kurt Cobain as an example of a unique singer, I wasn't comparing him to anyone.

What you did is literally the definition of comparison, ffs :rofl: you've gone off the deep end this time. You should have just left it alone.

What you did is literally the definition of comparison, ffs :rofl: you've gone off the deep end this time. You should have just left it alone.
Read again then if you still don't understand. I was talking about unique, and gave Kurt Cobain as an example of a not so great technical singer but with a unique voice, I wasn't comparing him to Anders. Maybe that's what you read into it but that wasn't what I was doing.

You made a comparison. I'm not saying you compared Kurt to Anders as like for like, but you DID compare them as two singers with unique voices. Which is laughable for so many reasons. Cobain's voice forged a new form on vocals performance. Anders' singing is chasing trends and doing it badly. Even comparing the two on vague criteria, which you did do, is offensive to Cobain.

And Jake is still a better singer than either of them.

Except "Better" doesn't really hold any value. Jake's a better singer than any metalband not utilizing any clean vocals, that doesn't mean he's preferred by everyone. If you like the cheesy generic vocal style he utilizes that's great. There's something for everyone.

He would be, if I was claiming anyone using vibrato sounds similar, which I didn't so...No

Feels like you're deciding the meaning of whatever you read all the time.
Then maybe you should make clear what you're talking about. It looks as if you're twisting your arguments just to win a discussion.

You talk about the voice, then about the vibrato, then about the voice... Are you trying to drive us crazy?

Except "Better" doesn't really hold any value. Jake's a better singer than any metalband not utilizing any clean vocals, that doesn't mean he's preferred by everyone. If you like the cheesy generic vocal style he utilizes that's great. There's something for everyone.

Preference is a different thing entirely.

Ciko stated as a fact Anders is a better singer than Jake. You agreed. I assume you retract that agreement.

If you're unsure then read 3 times since you seem to need it. I'm not speaking cyrillic. Bottom line is his vocals are generic, which doesn't necessarily mean it's either bad or good, it just means it's generic. You like it? That's great. You finally found a Melodic Metal band with pop/electronic elements that you like now that In Flames doesn't cut it anymore.

Preference is a different thing entirely.

Ciko stated as a fact Anders is a better singer than Jake. You agreed. I assume you retract that agreement.
Quote me saying Anders is a better singer than Jake, I'll be surprised if you find me saying that considering I've said multiple times Jake is better TECHNICALLY.

Quote me saying Anders is a better singer than Jake, I'll be surprised if you find me saying that considering I've said multiple times Jake is better TECHNICALLY.

Ciko said it, I disagreed and you posted a long post basically arguing otherwise. If you agreed with me you should have just left your post at "I agreed he's a better technical singer". You didn't need to say anything else because I wasn't arguing anything else. So why did you if you agreed with me in the first place?

''Basically arguing otherwise'' Ah okay thanks for clarifying. I guess you'll have to read it again considering I never argued that. I started the post by agreeing with you so already in the first sentence you're wrong.

Ciko said it, I disagreed and you posted a long post basically arguing otherwise. If you agreed with me you should have just left your post at "I agreed he's a better technical singer". You didn't need to say anything else because I wasn't arguing anything else. So why did you if you agreed with me in the first place?

I guess you misunderstand me or I said it wrong way but I said it many times that Anders doesnt have good cleans. I know that Jake's cleans are better but overall Anders is better than him. I said this many times and I'll repeat it, I don't like Jake's vocals because they are boring as fuck, I could find many band with the same vocals but I can't find any vocals similar to Anders's cause its unique. I don't care if you hate Anders or love him but that's the truth. IF became this popular because of 2 things:

1- Unique melodies
2- Unique vocals

After SOAPF I don't like the direction of the band but still they can make good songs. Maybe we can bash Anders for that direction but he's one of the reasons that they became famous.

I'll say it again so you guys don't twist my words: Jake's cleans are better than Anders but Jake's vocals are boring.