Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

So Dakryn... how is it bad that the U.S. is trying to bring itself and Russia away from paranoid Cold War posturings? Clinton's also been proposing a joint missile defense system with Russia. This kind of stuff sounds pretty positive to me.

"...the Finnish government said that no household "would be farther than 2 kilometers from a connection capable of delivering broadband Internet with a capacity of at least 100 megabits of data a second." It did say, though, that "about 2,000 (households) in far-flung corners of the country" wouldn't be included."

"Far-flung corners" means Lappi (i.e. Lapland), and I'll bet most of the hardcore traditionalists out there don't even know what the internet is. Impressive Finland!

So Dakryn... how is it bad that the U.S. is trying to bring itself and Russia away from paranoid Cold War posturings? Clinton's also been proposing a joint missile defense system with Russia. This kind of stuff sounds pretty positive to me.

"It's not paranoia if they are out to get you."

You have to remember that Russia was embarrassed as a nation 20ish years ago. The leadership has not forgotten that, even though the US has. The US is already on the decline and we will cease to be a hyperpower very soon, if not cease to be a super power, thanks to self-defeating economic policies of the last few decades.

Neither China nor Russia will show any "mercy" for US arrogance since WWII. I see Clinton's posturing as trying to make friends before it's too late, but it already is too late.

Doesn't look like a legit story

edit: PDF looks legit though, I just can't be bothered to go through and find those specific passages though (too lazy to even do a search :p)

You miss the point. I am not afraid of being nuked. The coming economic collapse will preclude any need for another country to shoot at us. They can just buy us out at rock bottom pricing.

You can't fight if you can't pay for anything.

My point with the above link is that Russia hasn't forgotten the "Cold War", so we shouldn't either.

Dak, don't you think that if we sink enough into an economic crisis (to the point where we can't even pay for the military) national identity and pride will take over and you'll see people all over the country, even those not in the military, taking up arms, especially if we're confronted with an immediate foreign threat?

Dak, don't you think that if we sink enough into an economic crisis (to the point where we can't even pay for the military) national identity and pride will take over and you'll see people all over the country, even those not in the military, taking up arms, especially if we're confronted with an immediate foreign threat?

If we sank to that point, people would be more concerned with where their next meal is coming from. Also, there are different levels of "can't afford". Besides, at the rate the Obama administration is moving, no one will have any arms to take up by the time they would need to.

No one is protesting that China is buying up everything in sight. China loves it, it's easier than sending over their military, and it's "legal" and it allows China to dump it's increasingly worthless trillions in dollar reserves.