Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

india-hindu-nationalism-2009-10-2-7-42-36.jpg

Wait a minute.

The 3 pictures you posted are of two different sinkholes.

The old one (from 2007, based on the Reuters article and the youtube vid)comprises of the first two pics, and the last picture is the sinkhole that just occurred (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/com...-sinkhole-swallows-building-in-guatemala.html)

Ah, you are correct. I found all 3 shots in the same spot and I was surfing half asleep in the middle of the night trying to get my son to go back to sleep. I didn't think they looked like the same surroundings but in my half asleep state just assumed it was before the hole enlarged.

The giant fucking Guatemalan hole was an inside job.

I am not suggesting any kind of conspiracy theory behind a sinkhole. I am just saying whatever local source suggested it was caused by the sewer system, or maybe some AP member who suggested that probably isn't very smart. Sink-holes happen. Judging from that photo, it doesn't even look like that town has a sewer system.

Edit: Probably an underground river swollen from all the rain + maybe some sort of sewer cistern somewhere bursting caused whatever was holding up the "roof" of the underground river to cave and the rest of it to give way.

There is a joke in the Marines that "Hooah is what it sounds like when you try to say Oorah with a dick in your mouth."

Army personnel never laugh at that joke :( :( :(

Another example of how Marines are assholes. And waaay too arrogant, considering their actual accomplishments

Maybe individually, but compare the Army's track record to the Marine Corps track record since the military became voluntary and the Army looks pretty bad.

The Marines get sent into the "trouble" spots because the Army can't handle it. Most obvious recent examples are the Al Anbar province in Iraq and now working on the dangerous Nimruz province in Afghanistan, a country where the Army has been having it's ass kicked since the "War on Terror" began.