Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

quote:
Former UCLA basketball coach John Wooden was hospitalized Thursday in "grave" condition according to KCAL 9 News. The 99-year-old "Wizard of Westwood" was taken to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, according to the station.

Wooden helped the UCLA squad win 10 NCAA championships in the 1960s and '70s. He's one of only a few people in the United States to have been inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame as both a player and a coach.

RIP the best coach in NCAA basketball.

5462.jpg

Sabbath news:

Ozzy Osbourne told The Pulse of Radio recently that a lawsuit between him and guitarist Tony Iommi over the use of the BLACK SABBATH name has been settled and that everything is now okay between them. With that cleared up, The Pulse of Radio asked Ozzy if there was once again a chance for the original SABBATH lineup to get together again. "Well, I never say never," he said. "I mean, I've got a few ideas, but we'll see what happens, you know. We did try and do another album, but we've all changed so much and it's — if you don't do an album that blows the doors off the last one that we did together, then it's gonna be looked upon as a joke, you know."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141105&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blabbermouth+%28Blabbermouth.net%27s+Daily+Headlines%29

Of course the article doesn't actually state the outcome of the case, just the fact that it's been resolved.

if you don't do an album that blows the doors off the last one that we did together, then it's gonna be looked upon as a joke, you know.
Or not, seeing as how The Devil You Know was a piece of shit and yet everyone worshiped it anyway.

It's fucking Sabbath. They could release the most harmless snorefest ever and people would eat it up.

HAHAHA

That picture makes the AF look really badass

Maybe individually, but compare the Army's track record to the Marine Corps track record since the military became voluntary and the Army looks pretty bad.

The Marines get sent into the "trouble" spots because the Army can't handle it. Most obvious recent examples are the Al Anbar province in Iraq and now working on the dangerous Nimruz province in Afghanistan, a country where the Army has been having it's ass kicked since the "War on Terror" began.

Only because the Marines are more suited for smaller sized unit operations, and that area isn't conducive for general infantry. The Army's real bread and butter is it's Special Operations units.

Mathiäs;9142506 said:
Only because the Marines are more suited for smaller sized unit operations, and that area isn't conducive for general infantry. The Army's real bread and butter is it's Special Operations units.

I don't think you can count Special Ops as part of the Army. Special Ops forces from any/every branch are an entirely different "breed of animal".

I had a friend from back home who did 8 years in the Army and he always made jokes about how the the Marines were dumb for going into dangerous areas, and that the Army was smart for being pussies (basically).

Totally different mindset in the general population that each branch attracts.

Of course, you are trying to go officer (entirely different mindset from enlisted), and Rangers as opposed to regular Army.

99% of jokes about the Army are about the regular enlisted, and are quite accurate. You obviously don't have to take them personally (or appear to).

I don't think you can count Special Ops as part of the Army. Special Ops forces from any/every branch are an entirely different "breed of animal".

I had a friend from back home who did 8 years in the Army and he always made jokes about how the the Marines were dumb for going into dangerous areas, and that the Army was smart for being pussies (basically).

Totally different mindset in the general population that each branch attracts.

Of course, you are trying to go officer (entirely different mindset from enlisted), and Rangers as opposed to regular Army.

99% of jokes about the Army are about the regular enlisted, and are quite accurate. You obviously don't have to take them personally (or appear to).

Well, like every member of my family have been enlisted at some point haha, so I'm naturally sensitive to such things. Personally, having been exposed to the enlisted lifestyle, I find that the majority of the jokes only apply in certain situations.

And I'm torn between trying out for the Rangers or try to make SF selection.

I could post a shitload of information about whats going on with the "leak" but it's not on "MSM" websites. At least MSNBC did have a little bit saying it could be a "Armageddon/doomsday" level catastrophe. That could be putting it mildly.

BP/ the White House now admit it's way worse than they did a month ago, and it's still WAY worse than they are saying. Bottom line is BP cannot stop the leak and it will eventually ruin the entire gulf region.

Comparing the Marine Corps to the Army is apples to oranges my friends. While there are a lot of similarities, the Army is, was, and never will be on par with the Marine Corps. The Marine Corps is more self-reliant and more capable than the Army, and it's smaller size, as far as combat profiency goes, is a major advantage.

Is one better than the other? Depends on what you are comparing. I think the basic training for each Marine is probably a little better and more centrally focused, whereas the Army is very segregated. By that I mean even if you're a cook in the Marine Corps, you're still supposed to be a killer at heart. You'd better be daydreaming of putting a round in the forehead of some Taliban prick while you're peeling them taters. Compare that to the Army where if you pick anything that isn't in the combat arms branch or Motor T and you couldn't give a shit less about where you go. Example being my best friend who is in HR. All he did while in Iraq was bitch about how the AC in his room wasn't cold enough. I promptly reminded him that a lot of his fellow soldiers and other military personnel who aren't in HR are probably sweating their nuts off out in the desert while getting shot at.

Anyways, my experience with the Army infantry wasn't a very good one. Truth be told, I don't think they teach muzzle awareness in their OSUT because I nearly got capped a few times while I was training at Schofield Barracks. If I were to every join the Army I'd have to do some sort of special forces whether it be Rangers or actual SF to get away from the general infantry shitbags that are like a plague.

I could post a shitload of information about whats going on with the "leak" but it's not on "MSM" websites. At least MSNBC did have a little bit saying it could be a "Armageddon/doomsday" level catastrophe. That could be putting it mildly.

BP/ the White House now admit it's way worse than they did a month ago, and it's still WAY worse than they are saying. Bottom line is BP cannot stop the leak and it will eventually ruin the entire gulf region.

I hope not, but you're probably right. And lol, I don't think saying this could be Armageddon/doomsday scenario is 'putting it lightly'.

But, the potential for that is there. What would really be funny/horrible is if the gulf got hammered by hurricanes, and put all of that oil onto the land.

Mathiäs;9161918 said:
I hope not, but you're probably right. And lol, I don't think saying this could be Armageddon/doomsday scenario is 'putting it lightly'.

But, the potential for that is there. What would really be funny/horrible is if the gulf got hammered by hurricanes, and put all of that oil onto the land.

The biggest problem isn't even the oil itself, it's all the toxic VOC's coming up with it. The well is spewing at a pressure that they simply cannot contain, and it's eroding/has eroded through the pipe and into/up through the seafloor.

They simply weren't prepared for the escape pressure they encountered drilling to where "no man has drilled before".

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/93760?fp=1

:lol: C'mon man. They just came out with these new uniforms a few years ago with all of this flashy bullshit; all kinds of velcro patches to show off all their awesome badges that they earned (badges? what the fuck is this the boy scouts?), velcro for the their name tapes (um, unless you're a chick you're last name isn't going to change fyi), a zipper for their blouse so it doesn't take as long to close like it does with the buttons, etc. Jesus christ, you don't need all that shit! The Marine Corps got it right when they first implemented the new digital cammies by using buttons, and only buttons, not to mention the number of pockets on the uniform itself. The Army put pockets for everything all over that uniform it's ridiculous. They even put pen holders, I shit you not, PEN HOLDERS, on the bottom of the sleeve near the wrist! WTF?! WHY WOULD YOU NEED PEN HOLDERS IN THE FUCKING FIELD!? ARE THOSE SPY PENS CAPABLE OF FIRING TINY BUT LETHAL BULLETS? WHEN THE FUCK DID THE ARMY BECOME JAMES BOND?!

good god