Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

Mathiäs;9230794 said:
And monitoring peoples BMI is a good thing. People need to lose weight.

Ok Mr Fitness, explain the value of the BMI formula.

Oh wait, you won't be able to. BMI is an arbitrary height weight ratio formula that is about as accurate at forecasting obesity and health problems as Army shooters.

cwatididthur.

This is another example of halfassery that has plagued this administration, and the many before it.

Edit: BTW, I am "obese" based off the BMI, and I was "overweight" my whole time in the Marines. You would have to have no muscle and low bone density to make the BMI work. Sounds like a real healthy goal.

Mathiäs;9230973 said:
Sure, but it's a huge drain on the economy when morbidly obese people need medical care. I think if you eat yourself to death you should have to pay for your own shit

I agree. I also think it should apply to people who: smoke cigarettes, drive motorcycles, bungee jump, skydive, take drugs, go hunting, skateboard, have unprotected sex with random strangers, voted for Obama, think Holly's World is a good show, hunt crocodiles, make homemade Jackass tapes...

...but where do we draw the line?

I am sick of hearing about Obama and how black he is. I hope the next US president is some hot blond woman or something. The huge amount of news coverage and pomp would be more bearable that way.

BMI is a terrible way to monitor weight. There are professional athletes who are considered obese because of their BMI, so it's pretty useless.

Ok Mr Fitness, explain the value of the BMI formula.

Oh wait, you won't be able to. BMI is an arbitrary height weight ratio formula that is about as accurate at forecasting obesity and health problems as Army shooters.

cwatididthur.

This is another example of halfassery that has plagued this administration, and the many before it.

Edit: BTW, I am "obese" based off the BMI, and I was "overweight" my whole time in the Marines. You would have to have no muscle and low bone density to make the BMI work. Sounds like a real healthy goal.

Fine, maybe it's not the best way to do it, but there has to be way to be another way to monitor it. The bmi accurately describes me.

I agree. I also think it should apply to people who: smoke cigarettes, drive motorcycles, bungee jump, skydive, take drugs, go hunting, skateboard, have unprotected sex with random strangers, voted for Obama, think Holly's World is a good show, hunt crocodiles, make homemade Jackass tapes...

...but where do we draw the line?

yall niggas is fat dats y u hatin

That story about the agriculture official is very frustrating because her story was about overcoming racism and instead focusing on poverty. The only reason it got so big is because the conservative media is so desperate for reverse racism.

That story about the agriculture official is very frustrating because her story was about overcoming racism and instead focusing on poverty. The only reason it got so big is because the conservative media is so desperate for reverse racism.

Which exists, even if this instance isn't an example of it. They shouldn't care about finding examples because every intelligent person knows it exists.

I'm not disagreeing with you on any level, by the way.

The existence of the NAACP is racism, it's not necessary to stretch stories.
Dude come on. I may regret asking this, but why do you think the NAACP is racist?

Which exists, even if this instance isn't an example of it. They shouldn't care about finding examples because every intelligent person knows it exists.

I'm not disagreeing with you on any level, by the way.
Kewl, and I do not disagree with you. It exists and isn't a good thing, but it's blown out of proportion. It often seems like conservative media desire it so much so they can play the victim for once, when so often it was conservatives (and liberals but conservatives were/are worse) who are the biggest proponents of racism. White people complaining about reverse racism is like the Yankees complaining that the Tampa Bay Rays beat them. No one likes to get beaten, but come on, they're the Rays and you're the Yankees.

Dude come on. I may regret asking this, but why do you think the NAACP is racist?

It is a organization specifically to push agenda's in support of "African Americans" over everyone else. If I started an organization to do the same for white people, this would be branded racist before the ink was dry. Double standard, ldo.

Kewl, and I do not disagree with you. It exists and isn't a good thing, but it's blown out of proportion. It often seems like conservative media desire it so much so they can play the victim for once, when so often it was conservatives (and liberals but conservatives were/are worse) who are the biggest proponents of racism.

Got proof of this? I doubt it.

White people complaining about reverse racism is like the Yankees complaining that the Tampa Bay Rays beat them. No one likes to get beaten, but come on, they're the Rays and you're the Yankees.

So what you just said is racism is ok. It's not "reverse racism", i's just racism. Racism is fucking racism regardless of the race of the racist.

It is a organization specifically to push agenda's in support of "African Americans" over everyone else. If I started an organization to do the same for white people, this would be branded racist before the ink was dry. Double standard, ldo.
It's not a double standard because African Americans need their agenda pushed. They are undeniably in an unequal position in our society. Creating a white organization would obviously viewed poorly because white people are generally much more well off. Also remember that the NAACP was founded in like 1908 or something like that.
Got proof of this? I doubt it.
No, which is why I used the word "seem". It's just how it looks to me, I'm not trying to make a serious argument.
So what you just said is racism is ok. It's not "reverse racism", i's just racism. Racism is fucking racism regardless of the race of the racist.
I believe I said it "isn't a good thing". What I am trying to say is that reacting in the same way is inappropriate considering the differing societal positions of the groups involved.