Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

I disapprove of using the term "chemicals" to mean "synthetic crap/preservatives." Chemical does not mean what you think it means :(

I don't think the synthesis of drugs in a laboratory is bad per se, but it seems to me profits are in the forefront, and the development of useful medicine is little more than an afterthought. I mean, we began with the creation of substances, that when used responsibly, are basically harmless, but now new drugs being developed are exceedingly damaging to the health of people with very little positive effect.

My dad worked in pharmaceuticals and I honestly don't take someone's opinion on the effects of them as an end-all-be-all. My dad has a PHD in chemistry and illustrated to me just how imprecise the process of making a drug is. It requires lots of experimenting until something is found good enough for trial, then if it is safe enough in the trial, it gets marketed. The side-effects are just anything that happens to the test subject during the trial that may not even be caused by the drug.

On the other hand, I find medical research that is not aimed at money to be something to be encouraged. People need to stop bitching about stem-cell research and artificial life. It helps save more lives than the one they think it takes. Besides, no one bitches when chimeric cells are made/used.

I really hope that in my lifetime my biochemistry can be altered so that I can regenerate any structure and I can replace my neurons. I think it would be awesome. I would be having prolonged youth as I slowly morph into a different person every day. I would only be able to remember back about one hundred years.

I disapprove of using the term "chemicals" to mean "synthetic crap/preservatives." Chemical does not mean what you think it means :(

lol, yeah, I hate when I hear people say "you know how many chemicals are in that!"

You mean the same chemicals that are made from the building blocks called atoms!

Devasya Chāyā;9542714 said:
My dad worked in pharmaceuticals and I honestly don't take someone's opinion on the effects of them as an end-all-be-all. My dad has a PHD in chemistry and illustrated to me just how imprecise the process of making a drug is. It requires lots of experimenting until something is found good enough for trial, then if it is safe enough in the trial, it gets marketed. The side-effects are just anything that happens to the test subject during the trial that may not even be caused by the drug.

On the other hand, I find medical research that is not aimed at money to be something to be encouraged. People need to stop bitching about stem-cell research and artificial life. It helps save more lives than the one they think it takes. Besides, no one bitches when chimeric cells are made/used.

I really hope that in my lifetime my biochemistry can be altered so that I can regenerate any structure and I can replace my neurons. I think it would be awesome. I would be having prolonged youth as I slowly morph into a different person every day. I would only be able to remember back about one hundred years.

This.

Well as far as processed food ingredients, the ones that are of zero nutritional benefit, and have a negative impact on the body (no matter how minor). Such as: flavor enhancers and preservatives.