Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

Well, the Nazis did get their rocket technology from an inventor who wasn't German, if I remember correctly. The nazis had drones?

Doing "god's will"? It's pretty well established the German high command was heavily occultic.

The church isn't? (I know the church isn't doing "gods will" simply because there is no gods will)
How many times do I have to say True good doesn't hate or impose???

Let go of the building and the book brah, they always change.
The church in jesus' time killed him.
Hitler killed the jews.

You don't see the pattern here???

People killing each other over a belief is wrong.
This always begins with "I know better than you do, let me make every decision for you"

For a government there must always be a balance of control and freedom to choose.
Many religous books(not all) are saying "Humans are filthy and God is good. And if you don't do exactly what is written you will be destroyed by us" You don't see the evil in this??? You don't see how this is the biggest brainwashing campaign ever?

The church isn't? (I know the church isn't doing "gods will" simply because there is no gods will)

Let go of the building and the book brah, they always change.

There's a big difference between worshipping the "evil" construct and any potential version of the "good" construct.

Edit: "Let go of the building" is a complete miss with me. Churches as a building (and religious organization) are pagan in origin anyway.

I could easily respond with "let go of the drugs brah"

And? We have "God" plastered on everything from our currency to our pledge. Doesn't mean shit.

It definitely means that our country is Christian. It's not like our national motto is "In Huitzilopochtli we trust." Pretty much no one here believes in him. Hell, back when the country was more secular, it was "e pluribus unum." Nothing to do with God.

I've seen Dawkins try to claim that the nazis were Christian or something but the reality is that genocide isn't Christian, and people should shut the fuck up about the whole thing. Ideology does not necessarily correlate with the way the government works.

It definitely means that our country is Christian. It's not like our national motto is "In Huitzilopochtli we trust." Pretty much no one here believes in him. Hell, back when the country was more secular, it was "e pluribus unum." Nothing to do with God.

I've seen Dawkins try to claim that the nazis were Christian or something but the reality is that genocide isn't Christian, and people should shut the fuck up about the whole thing. Ideology does not necessarily correlate with the way the government works.

You just sort of contradicted yourself. Or maybe I wasn't clear on my original intent.

Mottos, enscriptions, etc. have nothing to do with the workings of government, and I specfically said the "German high command". The poor German in the trenches and tanks didn't really have any more knowledge of the goings on at that level than his counterparts and their respective knowledge of their respective leadership.

Who chooses the mottos, though? And what I meant was not about mottos, but about actions. Killing obviously isn't Christian, but people have still done it for religious reasons, but they're not real Christians. I was trying to say that the whole "Christians = bad" thing based on nazi Germany and other places is fail because you can't commit genocide and be a Christian at the same time.

Who chooses the mottos, though? And what I meant was not about mottos, but about actions. Killing obviously isn't Christian, but people have still done it for religious reasons, but they're not real Christians. I was trying to say that the whole "Christians = bad" thing based on nazi Germany and other places is fail because you can't commit genocide and be a Christian at the same time.

Mottos are chosen to motivate those whom you want to do your bidding. It's a form of propaganda.

I agree with you to a degree, but my original point was the German high command was occultic, which is quite the opposite of Christian.

Every time Vimana or Tonka Time (who the fuck are you, anyway?) attempt to discuss something, it just turns into a jumbled clusterfuck that hardly makes any sense. Am I the only one that has noticed this?

To be fair, I don't always know what Tonka Time is talking about. With each post, the discussion becomes much less clear.

I'm pretty sure both have admitted to posting while under the influence.

I have, but not that much. Tonka Time said something about frequently smoking synthetic weed, though. Not that that's bad or anything.

I'm not going to tell you it's "wrong", but it definitely does not lend itself to clarity, conciseness, or holding a train of thought in discussions either online or off.

That's true, but not always. I have some stoner friends and they have forgotten how to use punctuation among other things. I smoked every day for a few months, and the only English mistake I can remember making is texting my ex "high" when she said "hey." Some people can retain their ability to make sense, but it takes dedication to being a grammar nazi.

Learning methods?

Seperately, this video series is quite interesting. Food for discussion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiPb5inXCpc

Maybe I meant "teaching methods".
That video is a whole lot of grasping at straws.

Good doesn't impose it just exists. Evil imposes quite abit :lol:

But that creates challenges and a richer life experience.

Blahblahblah religous/life views. This is about batshit theories, so what do you guys all think about aliens?

What about aliens? I think it would be crazy to believe that our universe doesn't have other civilizations in it. Even if one plugs very conservative figures into Drake's equation, you still end up with one civilization per galaxy, and estimates now place the number of galaxies in our universe in the trillions. Also, even if we dismiss Drake's equation due to its inherit inaccuracy, there are still too many possible planets friendly to life to not have at least one other civilization in our universe, if not our galaxy.

Dawkins admitted that Hitler's references in favor of Christianity were probably bullshit.

Oh. That makes sense. I haven't read The God Delusion in a while, so I forgot that part.

Dawkins can be pretty dogmatic, but he's certainly not as dogmatic as people like Kent Hovind. Some of the best unintentional comedy ever. He said if you let a chameleon live a few hundred years it will become a triceratops. :lol:

That's true, but not always. I have some stoner friends and they have forgotten how to use punctuation among other things. I smoked every day for a few months, and the only English mistake I can remember making is texting my ex "high" when she said "hey." Some people can retain their ability to make sense, but it takes dedication to being a grammar nazi.

You're not really addressing Dak's point about clarity/conciseness/coherence. Spelling and grammar aren't nearly as difficult to manage as logic and critical thinking are, and i'm not aware of anyone for whom logic and critical thinking are not significantly impaired while under the influence.

Oh, right. Wow. That makes my post was kind of ironic. >_> Anyways, my ability to use logic and reason wouldn't falter much while drunk or high, but they would be a bit impaired by the more prevalent short-term memory loss. A lot of things would occur to me high that never occurred to me sober, but I usually wouldn't remember them, and they were probably very insignificant, since the ones that I can remember were stupid things like how much one of my friends looks like a goblin.

Then again, I never really smoked much weed. The most I've ever smoked at once was about 3/4 of a gram and it felt terrible, but I think it was laced with PCP. Either way, it's made me not want to smoke that much again. On average I'd usually smoke one or two hits, and at most it would be using about a quarter of a gram. That would be enough to get me high enough to my standards, but I wouldn't lose touch with reality like my friends who would take about six hits.

I think it would be crazy to believe that our universe doesn't have other civilizations in it.

That's a fairly outrageous claim, in my opinion. Regardless of how expansive the universe is, it's one thing for there to be extra terrestrial life, but it's another thing entirely for there to be entire civilizations. There's nothing crazy about not blindly believing that there are other civilizations out there in the universe before we ever find life.