Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

Man that's some bad luck. At least the license plate fell off tho'. I'd be devestated if that happened to me. I haven't even got it on the road yet I'm just now finishing off a complete interior restoration and I'm probably going to strip off the vinyl top and have a guy paint it for me. It's alot of work but It will be worth it.
What do you have done to your Mustang? I'm having a hard time selling mine (waiting for the weather to break:erk:)
Here it is up for sale: https://post.craigslist.org/manage/590985157/rhyad

Hey nice - I like the paint.

Believe it or not my stang is all stock except some Flowmasters and a K&N air filter. It was my main car so for $$ (gas) reason I kept it stock all those years (bought it new). Now that we had to get the 3rd car (kids gettin big!) it has become the toy. It only has 73k original miles on it too.

I'll probably start with gears and suspension, then move on to motor from there.

Well good luck when you go on to s00p it up. If you're planning on driving it on the highway, I wouldn't go with anything larger than 3:73 gear. PM me if you need advice on your Foxbody etc. I've owned mine for 8 years now and did all the work myself.

Toddler beheaded in supermarket

March 4, 2008 - 1:51PM

A man reportedly held a knife to the throat of his 15-month-old nephew and decapitated him in front of his mother in a Saudi Arabian supermarket.

The 25-year-old Syrian man beheaded the toddler apparently after having a dispute with the toddler's parents, his sister and brother-in-law, Arab News reported.

Another newspaper, the Saudi Gazette, reported that the toddler was 18 months old.

The killing happened in front of shoppers and staff in the fruit and vegetable section of the Al-Marhaba supermarket yesterday morning.

A police officer told Arab News: "The murderer was in a dispute with the boy's mother and her husband. He chopped off the boy's head in front of the mother to get back at her."

Another witness, Abu Muhammad, who is in his mid-60s, told the paper: "It happened so quickly. Before people could intervene, the man had cut more than half way through the child's neck."

Another local expressed his disbelief that anyone could carry out such an act.

"No one could bear the gruesome sight of the boy's decapitated body lying on the floor," Muneer, a car mechanic, told Arab News.

"How could someone do such a thing?

"I just can't understand it ... I still can't believe it."

One shopper, Ahmed Abdul-Rahman, told the Saudi Gazette: "I was shopping when I heard a scream and saw people running toward the shop's pastry corner.

"When I arrived there, I couldn't believe what I saw.

"A headless body of a child lay on the floor and the head was lying nearby soaked in blood."

The man was arrested at the supermarket, reports AFP. Murder is punishable by death in the Islamic country, and the sentence is usually carried out by beheading.

The part that I found most disturbing about that article is that I found it less disturbing as soon as I read that it was in Saudi Arabia, which is pretty sad.

:(

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080304/ap_en_ot/obit_gygax
MILWAUKEE - Gary Gygax, who co-created the fantasy game Dungeons & Dragons and helped start the role-playing phenomenon, died Tuesday morning at his home in Lake Geneva. He was 69.

He had been suffering from health problems for several years, including an abdominal aneurysm, said his wife, Gail Gygax.

Gygax and Dave Arneson developed Dungeons & Dragons in 1974 using medieval characters and mythical creatures. The game known for its oddly shaped dice became a hit, particularly among teenage boys, and eventually was turned into video games, books and movies.

Gygax always enjoyed hearing from the game's legion of devoted fans, many of whom would stop by the family's home in Lake Geneva, about 55 miles southwest of Milwaukee, his wife said. Despite his declining health, he hosted weekly games of Dungeons & Dragons as recently as January, she said.

"It really meant a lot to him to hear from people from over the years about how he helped them become a doctor, a lawyer, a policeman, what he gave them," Gail Gygax said. "He really enjoyed that."

Dungeons & Dragons players create fictional characters and carry out their adventures with the help of complicated rules. The quintessential geek pastime, it spawned a wealth of copycat games and later inspired a whole genre of computer games that's still growing in popularity.

Born Ernest Gary Gygax, he grew up in Chicago and moved to Lake Geneva at the age of 8. Gygax's father, a Swiss immigrant who played violin in the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, read fantasy books to his only son and hooked him on the genre, Gail Gygax said.

Gygax dropped out of high school but took anthropology classes at the University of Chicago for a while, she said. He was working as an insurance underwriter in the 1960s, when he began playing war-themed board games.

But Gygax wanted to create a game that involved more fantasy. To free up time to work on that, he left the insurance business and became a shoe repairman, she said.

Gygax also was a prolific writer and wrote dozens of fantasy books, including the Greyhawk series of adventure novels.

Gary Sandelin, 32, a Manhattan attorney, said his weekly Dungeons & Dragons game will be a bit sadder on Wednesday night because of Gygax's passing. The beauty of the game is that it's never quite the same, he said.

Funeral arrangements are pending. Besides his wife, Gygax is survived by six children

they also do it for drug dealers and armed robbers as well. not a place you want to comit a crime. even lesser crimes could end up with the removal of your hands or feet.

yet it doesnt deter some people.
~gR~