Votes: 83 46.6%
  • About as good as Haven

Votes: 33 18.5%
  • Worse than Haven

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • The worst album they ever did

Votes: 6 3.4%

• Total voters
my favorite track is "the enemy". those two stand-alone growls, at 0:45 and 1:25 are very sensual, also, although normally growls don't sound such to me. i've listened to that song - besides listening to manowar - a whole lot during these crucial days, and "final resistance" too. so very good, although i still have the corrupt version.

hyena (more, more, more)

Damn, does anyone like haven?
When i first heard it i was like 'no way, they have lost the plot' seeing as i liked the clean vocals of Projector so much. But with every listen it got better and better. Now when i put it on i find it amazing, especially the first few songs (wonders at your feet and not built to last). As far as damage done goes it sounds pretty kick ass but i dont have the CD yet, only a couple of songs. I just feel sorry for haven, it seems to get a hammering but i love it. So yeah....

I like the first track a lot, Final Resistance is probably my favorite. Sort of reminds me of Dimension Zero. But better.

Liked Hours Passed. Gaining respect for this album steadily.

Don't like the opening "bad breath voice" on Monochromatic Stains. :lol:

I really dig the opening on Single Part of Two. Still have no clue what this album's all about. :err: Getting bored.

Treason Wall starts out a little too Cradle of Filth. FF----->The last minute or so picks up a bit.

Maybe Format C is my favorite.

Damage Done bored me.

Cathode Ray Sunshine is OK.

The Enemy I found boring. :zzz:

Still bored with White Noise.

Ex Nihilo... :devil: ... HERE we go... this is definitely my favorite track. Now I see some development. If only the whole album was this innovative. Sounds great.

I must say, this album is good, but Haven, The Minds I, The Gallery, Skydancer, Suicidal Angles all kill it... this might be the only album by DT I can't listen to straight through besides Projector. Listen to Ex Nihilo on mushrooms, its great.

@stirring_moonlight: welcome to the board, and thank you for your "stream of consciousness" review: it added something to the usual words of praise or stale critics. :)

rahvin.

Originally posted by SADUDE
Ok...In the defense of Opeth, not a comparison between the two bands. Opeth bogring and songs drag on? hahahahahahahha. Well I have a pretty good grasp on music theory and classical music techniques and by that I saw Opeth is AMAZING. Everthing they do. THey are spontaneous and unpredictable and their knowledge of their instruments is beyond most. If you were a musician which I assume you aren't by your statement, you would know Opeth is out of this world. My bass teacher who is more of a jazz/fusion guy hates metal but loves opeth minus the vocals hehe. That in itself is amazing to me because this guy shreds more than probably any metal guy could. But comparing style is rediculous. I just think Opeth has everything Dark Tranquillity does + more. Besides I gave Damage Done a good rating. No you cant compare them from style but there ar eother ways. And I don't really want to go there because ther eis no point. I just believe Opeth has everything a band should. I mean those prog metal guys might be able to play better but I don't care cause I can't stand their songs. I just think Opeth would appeal to the musician and non-musician equally. But you have your opinion. Opeth are a milestone for metal, and way ahead of their time.

1st - Beign a musician doesn't implies directly you've got more sensibility for music than others. (it helps, but that's not all!!)

2nd - Music = 50% passion, 50% technique (as any other kind of art expression). Technique serves to express the passion. Without passion the technique goes nowhere. Without technique you're not able to express the passion.

I love both bands (which are VERY different). I don't find the meaning of compare both. So I don't do it.

Last note - both are great on lyrics.

ah! "If you were a musician which I assume you aren't by your statement" <- THIS IS BULLSHIT

Because this is my first DT album , I would say this is the best!!!

Must be the worst review I've read. Not because of his opinions, but because of the incredibly idiotic writing style.

with words like Shittenburg and pigfucker, you can't go wrong.

I think anybody can register and submit reviews to the site

Just picked up Damage Done!! INCREDIBLE album!! Ive got to say that there just isnt much swedish metal out there these days that cuts it anymore but bands like DT and In Flames truly are keepers of the flame. DD has everything that should be there, And alot of attitude to go along with great meoldies and pure metal music. People like Mathias lodmalm making once great bands like cemetary into washed up techno acts is very depressing and intolerable. So my many thanks to DT for yet another amazing swedish metal album. Cheers!!:D