Damage Done

@jakoni: i suppose you expect the official dt site to specify exactly when and where the whole 192kbps-encoded new album will be available for free download, don't you? :rolleyes:

i don't think you're entitled to complain too much if your candid questions are not well received on an official board...

rahvin.

The new album MP3s are available when you buy the album and rip it into MP3s, Jakoni.

Jakoni: If you tried to ask, will there be any "taster" mp3's released beforehand (like "FreeCard" at the time of Projector), you may well ignore the comments above - the guys were just thinking that you are a pirate and want to hurt DT-sales by spreading the album in mp3. If that is true, you can well go and fuck yourself, but a humanist as I am, I believe your original intent was just misunderstood.

To answer your question, we don't know yet. I asked Niklas this, and he said it is up to the label, but probably there will be some "tasters" up soon on the official page. Look there.

-Villain

Give the poor Jakoni a break. When "Damage done" is released I will buy it. But if someone rips it before the release date - something that tends to happen all the time - I would be happy to get the MP3's, make a CD and listen to it as soon as I can. I am not hurting anyone's sales, I am just enjoying the album for a month beforehand. Then I am buying it. Heck, I bought three copies of "The Mind's I"... although I gave one to Rahvin, this should be the proof of my good intentions re DT.

I do not understand why Jakoni has been subject to all this fuss: after all he was posting a respectable question. And, while he sure is stupid if he thought somebody would post a link for ripped MP3s on this official forum, there's nothing to prevent someone from sending a private message after seeing his request and giving him whatever: so if he wanted to be visible to other DT fans who might get in touch with him and trade audio files he did the right thing.

Incidentally, I do not think the MP3's are out already, since the band is recording these days.

And Thanatos, even if you win my JOTD (Joke Of The Day) award with "Rahvin is too short to be a good song" - yes, indeed -, while I do not condone spelling mistakes I find it a bit distasteful on your part to make fun of a declaredly foreign person because they write "shuve" instead of "shove". I would like to know how many foreign languages you can speak and write fluently, then we'll discuss. In one of them.

hyena (no tolerance for the progressive alternative)

@hyena: the band is not recording since a month or so, mp3s will surely be around soon.
however, the whole point is not what we did or will do in the future, but not encouraging ppl to exploit good music. the question was silly, its origins doubtful. and well if he can't take criticism that's his fault. ;)

rahvin.

Im sorry if you guys misunderstood my question.
First of all, MY INTENTION NEVER WAS TO PREJUDICATE THE BAND. I WILL SURELY BUY THE DAMAGE DONE CD.
I only wanted to know if there would be those ``tasters´´ the guy mentioned, cause it kills me to wait for the album release date
Second,....I DON T HAVE A CD RECORDABLE DRIVE, AND WOULD NEVER DO THE KIND OF THING SOME OF YOU GUYS THINK.
AND IF I WOULD DO THAT DO YOU THINK I WOULD ASK IT HERE?????

Sorry about the confusion, i hope i did n t get any enemies here.... :0) (PS:sorry about what i said , At The Gates)

Thanks

@jakoni: this is indeed quite another kettle of fish. villain was right in seeing good intentions and apparently i was wrong and slightly too prejudiced because of some new spam-like threads around here. :)
however, my point about criticism was that (i hope) no enemies are made around here, even if some might reply hastily or harshly, and i count myself in that number.

rahvin.

wow!!! finally a place where we don't make enemies!

hyena (i can't believe that we've made it this far)

Probably not, since D.T. is with Century Media, and as far as I know, they are a MP3-friendly company.

Originally posted by hyena
And Thanatos, even if you win my JOTD (Joke Of The Day) award with "Rahvin is too short to be a good song" - yes, indeed -, while I do not condone spelling mistakes I find it a bit distasteful on your part to make fun of a declaredly foreign person because they write "shuve" instead of "shove". I would like to know how many foreign languages you can speak and write fluently, then we'll discuss. In one of them.

I don't usually make fun of other people's bad spelling as mine is not perfect (just ask rahvin) but I did this time because I thought yakoni's intentions leaned more towards piracy than sampling the new album.

As for the languages I write and speak fluently, we can continue the discussion in spanish, english, yoruba, swahili, khmer or the language of love, you choose my dear :D

P.S. Did I win something with the JOTD award?

thanatos: i have english, french, italian, a bit of russian, and a bit of irish. i'm okay with the language of love, and i get three or four words in the language of mordor.

if you win a second JOTD award in less than one month, you'll also get a nice prize. but not so far!