DAMN!!! one more show the day of RAGNAROKKR!!!!

F*CK!!!

Also forgot CARC(ASS) is the next day too.........

Not that it will be a huge impact for the core crowd, but will probably lose any death / grind fence sitters.....

honestly Broken hope wont be much of a hurt. there are other shows that could have hurt more.

Oh definitely. These would be curious fence sitter types who MAY have come out just to check it out. With Carcass the next day though, it's already now a big death metal weekend.

Book FUNERAL NATION to get all the old school death metallers!!!!!!!

Oh definitely. These would be curious fence sitter types who MAY have come out just to check it out. With Carcass the next day though, it's already now a big death metal weekend.

Book FUNERAL NATION to get all the old school death metallers!!!!!!!

why would Funeral Nation bring old school death metalers? They are not old school death metal really. They have more traditional / heavy sound than anything else when I saw them live. Not much death metal at all really. I know they have been called that. But they have cleaner heavy vocals.

This won't hurt, especially with it being at Mojoes.

yeah this will have literally zero effect....Broken Bones isn't even taken serious in the death metal scene even. There was all that drama a while back with them and Vital Remains. A lot of people were laughing at them so it isn't like the Carcass where it is a really huge show.

honestly I don't see this show doing that well. I think at best it will draw the young crowd who go to shows to mosh basically. The crowd that doesn't come to a fest like Ragnarokkr.

Bob, I wish it were BROKEN BONES!!!!
I would seriously have to consider going!! LOL..

As I said, it would impact potential fence sitters, not the core crowd.

You suggested Broken Hope to Bob? Bob, when is your fest? I'll buy 4 tickets right now. I actually support shows by attending them.

Hahahaha, this again???????

You are extremely concerned about the shows I attend or not.
I will tell you what? Since it's a concern of yours, list ALL the shows you attended in 2013. I will even let YOU include Ragnarokkr and I will exclude Ancient Dreams shows and we can see who goes to more...........

ok Broken Hope is pretty terrible and only the best release was just mildly acceptable. They have never been a huge name, just one that has been around for a while.
I received a promo of the new album and figured I had not listened to BH in a while so I would check out the new one; yeah they certainly have not progressed. I also received a promo of Oceano in the same shipment and just didn't even bother with that one, sure going on assumption there but I'm pretty sure I would be correct.
Broke Hope is something like Ragnarokkr is just a fuckin stupid idea, I have to believe that Jasonic is just goofing here and people are taking it seriously. Surely (don't call me Shirley") he would no better and know that is a terrible idea.
Now I would not be opposed to an extreme metal band on the fest, honestly I think it would help with attentance, but it has to be a hard hitter and not such a C level band... if one would even say Broken Hope is C level.

Never heard of Broken Hope??????????

This comes off as if he said he doesn't know Maiden and you are surprised. Seriously Broken Hope could easily be overlooked certainly if you are not into extreme metal. It is not like they ever became one of those bands with a name that transcend the sub-genre; for example Slayer, one may not listen to thrash but still would know Slayer, maybe not Vio-lence whoever.
But for sake of argument if you are from Chicago you should probably know those bands who have gotten their name out of there a bit; sorta supporting the homies I guess, maybe.

ok Broken Hope is pretty terrible and only the best release was just mildly acceptable. They have never been a huge name, just one that has been around for a while.
I received a promo of the new album and figured I had not listened to BH in a while so I would check out the new one; yeah they certainly have not progressed. I also received a promo of Oceano in the same shipment and just didn't even bother with that one, sure going on assumption there but I'm pretty sure I would be correct.
Broke Hope is something like Ragnarokkr is just a fuckin stupid idea, I have to believe that Jasonic is just goofing here and people are taking it seriously. Surely (don't call me Shirley") he would no better and know that is a terrible idea.
Now I would not be opposed to an extreme metal band on the fest, honestly I think it would help with attentance, but it has to be a hard hitter and not such a C level band... if one would even say Broken Hope is C level.

+1

To confirm, my reaction to Pat's not knowing BH is as you said.
They are a Chicago area band who was on a large label.
Granted there are many Chicago metal bands who made it to larger labels who are still relatively unknown (IE - Bludgeon, Rival, Oppressor, etc.....)

As for recommending them for Ragnarokkr?
That was simply because it would be something different, and it would be a local gig for them. I truly dont know how popular they are these days.

Also, recently reunited Chicago bands has worked well for the fest in the past (Granted has to be a solid band)

any band can be a good booking per that person. Just because they are an old chicago band doesn't mean they will draw or people have an interest in seeing them play. They have played two different shows here and I have not heard one person talk about them.

All I have seen from this band is drama about getting dropped from tours and a stabbing at a show ( not their fault) and just petty fighting with other bands.

Also...if they were booked you would still have people pissed about they don't fit the fest.

If people want to see them...they can go friday night. If not, they can come to the fest.