Dan, any news?

Sadly enough. Dan doesn't reply to us folks regarding all that these days. :(

To be honest I think this is a little unfair.

We all know that Dan is a very busy man. I mean, he has his work and his personal life with family and friends just like anyone of use. And on top of this he has his music which obviously he creates, records and whatever during his free time. Not to mention that some bands wants him to make guest appearances on their records. And the few times he has time and energy left he comes here to answer some questions which I think we should be very grateful for!
He has given us huge posts with lots of information many times, whether it was about how White Darkness was recorded or telling us about the inspirations behind the songs on The Closing Chronicles and so on.

The reason we don't see a new update from him here everyday is most certainly because there isn't anything he thinks is worth informing us of. I mean, sure we all wait for Second Sky and long to hear it but I'd rather get surprised one day by a simple post saying that it's done rather than getting small updates every now and then saying that he has recorded yet another word or a verse.

Not to bash anyone, really, but I'd surely rather have him working on his music than using that time to post here and I think we all agree on that.

I agree earthbound. But we can always ask, curious as we are :D That having been said, I think finishing Second Sky is way more important for Dan than for any of us, anyway :)

When it's done it's done!

To be honest I think this is a little unfair.

We all know that Dan is a very busy man. I mean, he has his work and his personal life with family and friends just like anyone of use. And on top of this he has his music which obviously he creates, records and whatever during his free time. Not to mention that some bands wants him to make guest appearances on their records. And the few times he has time and energy left he comes here to answer some questions which I think we should be very grateful for!
He has given us huge posts with lots of information many times, whether it was about how White Darkness was recorded or telling us about the inspirations behind the songs on The Closing Chronicles and so on.

The reason we don't see a new update from him here everyday is most certainly because there isn't anything he thinks is worth informing us of. I mean, sure we all wait for Second Sky and long to hear it but I'd rather get surprised one day by a simple post saying that it's done rather than getting small updates every now and then saying that he has recorded yet another word or a verse.

Not to bash anyone, really, but I'd surely rather have him working on his music than using that time to post here and I think we all agree on that.

I wasn't complaining or anything, really. But i feel one update in every 2 months or so should be possible, even with someone as busy as Dan. Might be i'm wrong, but that's what i had in mind when i said that. I never said he should update every day or week. But once every couple of months would be much to my (and to may others') liking. :)

I wasn't complaining or anything, really. But i feel one update in every 2 months or so should be possible, even with someone as busy as Dan. Might be i'm wrong, but that's what i had in mind when i said that. I never said he should update every day or week. But once every couple of months would be much to my (and to may others') liking. :)

I didn't mean to give you a lecture or anything. :)
I love to get updates from Dan as much as any of us but I won't get dissapointed if we don't get any.

Another thing that struck me just now, about Second Sky. You know, he has given lots of updates about it through the years and from time to time saying that he feels it should be ready soon and probably released that month that year and such. I would think he doesn't give us any false hope anymore by giving us updates until it's absolutely 100% done and 100% Dan Swanö-approved so that he one day can throw it in our faces, lean back and enjoy the sound of our jaws dropping to the ground in awe! :D

I would think he doesn't give us any false hope anymore by giving us updates until it's absolutely 100% done and 100% Dan Swanö-approved so that he one day can throw it in our faces, lean back and enjoy the sound of our jaws dropping to the ground in awe! :D

I like that :D