Dan Spitz

whenever i hear britney's on the radio - i just know it's her. her voice is just so recognisable.

what a stupid way of judging how good something is!!

if danny was so good then why did charlie have to write the solos for him?

PJ175 said:
Your Right there!!!

I forgot about that article.

Anybody who hasnt seen that 20 questions. you have to goto Metalsludge.com and see 20 questions with Dan Spitz.......Hes off his rocker...plus its interesting how much he slags the band off.

It is a couple or so years old...But worth a read.

shut up dude its a stupid shitty site and the metal media talks a lot of baws. Spitz is the only anthrax guitarist. its good he is back

the_walking_dude said:
shut up dude its a stupid shitty site and the metal media talks a lot of baws. Spitz is the only anthrax guitarist. its good he is back

Whats with the Fucking Dude business

Your from Glasgow Not Fucking L.A.

The God of Hellfire said:
I think he should wear those ugly assed glasses all the time. they make him look insane. anyways aren't rock bands supposed to wear strange shit? scott ian's beard, cliff burtons bell bottoms, lemmy's face, etc.

Haha, Lemmy's face, that's a classic :)

PJ175 said:
You might not like the music....But Im sorry.....Not even in the same league as a Player.

Listen to how cheap his solos are on something like P.O.T. they are so way just full of hazy effects and so down in the mix.....Cos you just want them to blend in safely.
Don't get me wrong, I love Megadeth. But IMO (and it is an opinion, everyone has one) he is a better guitarist. He might be an ass, but it was his playing that made me lift a guitar, and I for one am glad to see him back, for this tour anyway.

the amazing thing to me is ppl keep sayin certain parts of this band arent very good. i question this by saying why did you begin to like a band so much if they were mostly mediocre.why did they gain such popularity if they werent that good . only answer i can come up with is they are good they are a band . sabbath wasnt good just cause of ozzy . slayer isnt good just cause of kerry king . its what the band does as a whole that matters so if they make greta music together then they are all great. theres too much of this bush is better belladona is better bullshit going on. i love the old stuff i love the new stuff in my opinion anthrax has given me great tunes the whole time they have been together and to me thats all i care about . this to me is like the van halen split. is dave the best or is it sammy .its all a matter of opinion.if you can honestly say that state of euphoria wasnt good cause of spitz or belladonna or any of their early records for that matter then thats your peace of mind and thats cool but i think that the constant posting of malicious accusations as to why this reunion shouldnt happen is retarded at best. support em or not they are what they are and we cant change it . by the concert ticket or the cd that is your choice. as for selling out i mean really when have you ever been in their shoes a fans perspective is totally different from those who live it . none of us know what they feel about each other we can speculate until the world ends but at the end of the day we still dont know how it all went down so we shouldnt be so critical of them until we see what they give us as far as there music goes. the reason we are posting here is because we are ALL anthrax fans and we need to remember that.just my opinion though i will support anthrax until they decide they are through and so should you

DeathsHead said:
If thats the case how is it that Spitz beat Mustaine way back when for the Jackson sponsorship?

Ok, this was probably responded to already, but I need to do it again.

IDIOT. Sponsorships are not fucking won for guitar-playing. If that were the case, somehow I don't think it's likely that Korn guitarists or the one from Static-X would have one, in addition to the countless other shitty guitarists with one. It's based on image and ability to sell the company now, and it was then too. And even if that weren't the case, maybe Mustaine wanted more money? Maybe they thought he was unpopular, or not as popular as Anthrax?

Next time think before you spew shit.

As for Spitz, I think he was a sort-of above average lead, not better than Caggiano. Caggiano's solos you can really enjoy, and compliment the song excellently. Granted, he's quite the amateur technician, but he sounds good anyway. Spitz, while being able to wank a scale more, does not sound interesting, especially when compared with some of the greater guitarists emerging nowadays who play more notes per a second, with far more feel. Lastly, his tone was annoying, and with the down-tuning, he will sound WORSE - his articulation will be terrible with it, being as he definetly does not play like that normally.

EDIT: Yup, I was right. Someone say it before me. Fact remains that ANYONE who calls Dave Mustaine a wanker in comparison to Dan Spitz is out of their fucking mind, and if they needed Dan Spitz to inspire them to play guitar, then their playing must sound like some real fucked up shit. (and it's an opinion, everyone's allowed to whine about having one)

It's based on image and ability to sell the company now

Really? I did not know that a company like jackson wanted a person that could sell their equipment--must be something new

Well, back then (as I have already stated after the original post) Mustaine and Megadeth were much more well known--Jackson would have been better served by having Mustaine endorse the product. And companies like Jackson do whats called market research to determine a person/bands visibility in the market place.

and if they needed Dan Spitz to inspire them to play guitar, then their playing must sound like some real fucked up shit

Thanks for your 2cents Hendrix--I really appreciate it. Glad that a professional musican such as yourself can sit on a soap box and pronouce judgement so easily

coolsnow7 said:
EDIT: Yup, I was right. Someone say it before me. Fact remains that ANYONE who calls Dave Mustaine a wanker in comparison to Dan Spitz is out of their fucking mind, and if they needed Dan Spitz to inspire them to play guitar, then their playing must sound like some real fucked up shit. (and it's an opinion, everyone's allowed to whine about having one)
Why is it that people on this board seem to thrive on the chance to flame fellow board members if their opinion differs? I haven't risen to the bait and lost it yet, and I ain't gonna waste my time starting now. Thanks for your opinion friend.

Johnnie Czech I will finally get the chance to see Davo live next weekend in Melbourne when MegaFucknDeth finally tour here....

BTW your country produces some great footballers - Baros, Nedved, Smicer (ooops)...

yes I am massive LIVERPOOL Fan. So fuckn happy we beat Juve yesterday. Milan is great!