Dance of Death after a week and a bit

I like the Cat Stevens song as well, but this one came out in 1983 or thereabouts and has a chorus about being "carried away by a moonlight shadow". Those are the only lyrics I can remember, which makes singing along with it on the radio rather embarrassing :).

Load up your MP3 searching programme of choice, then download "Moonlight Shadow" by Mike Oldfield and all shall be revealed...

Oh yeah, right!! I just thought you guys were saying Mike Oldfield's version was the original......so I just said, 'Cat Stevens, wannit'?? cos his came out in the 70's........sorry, just dribbling.

DravenMist said:
I have KaZaA Lite, which is a spyware free version of KaZaA. It's exactly the same, just without the spyware. Same users, everything...
Technically true, but........There are two programs, Kazaalite and Groksterlite, which you may be wondering about. Both programs are spyware-free versions of those file-swappers. Some people believe that they are alternative versions put out by the makers of KaZaa and Grokster.

Let's kill that myth right here. Neither of these are distributed by the owners of Kazaa or Grokster. They are cracks, meaning that the people distributing them violated their End User License Agreements to decompile them and remove the embedded spyware.

You may think that by using these products, you are giving the proverbial finger to the makers of spyware-ridden software. I'm sorry to say, this is not true. You merely show them that their software is so popular that you will go to any lengths to use it. This tells them that it is safe to keep selling out their millions and millions of users to the parasitical spyware companies. It also lets them point to the size of their network when spyware companies come sniffing around. By using these products, cracked or not, you contribute to the problem of advertising spyware.

**(Taken from the last link I posted)**

Nightwing said:
You may think that by using these products, you are giving the proverbial finger to the makers of spyware-ridden software. I'm sorry to say, this is not true. You merely show them that their software is so popular that you will go to any lengths to use it. This tells them that it is safe to keep selling out their millions and millions of users to the parasitical spyware companies. It also lets them point to the size of their network when spyware companies come sniffing around. By using these products, cracked or not, you contribute to the problem of advertising spyware.
This quote is a crock. If everyone (or even if most) used the spyware free versions of the software, then people would look at the size of the network and see the spyware's doing no good, which would tell them that people don't like spyware ware and go to any lengths *not* to use it. Spyware only works because people don't know about it.

However, I will admit that if the increased usage of spyware-free software increases the usership of the uncracked program, they may have a case. Maybe that's what that quote is trying to say.