Dance of Death after a week and a bit

Moony, it is WORTH the $20 for even just 2 or 3 of the better tracks.. Its hard to say what you might like about it because different people like different things (duh).

See how technical i am... lol

Could you please let us know what you think once you have it ? deal ?

Definitely buy the album Moonchild, it's a great Maidden album and you will really like it. I'm still listening to it every day after buying it two weeks ago and it gets stronger with every playing.

Although the title track would be seen by many uneducated in the ways of Maiden as being a bit naff, I like it. The reason I would say most of us like Maiden is because stylistically they do operate independently of the mainstream, always have and always will and the title track is a good example.

Paschendale and Montsegur are great tracks. Montsegur's chorus took a while for me to get into as it sounds really happy and jig-like which I wasn't sure about but I now quite like the contrast between the melodic, upbeat music and Bruce singing about people being burned at the stake and slaughtered!

Face In The Sand is also a favourite, No More Lies and Age of Innocence are good strong songs and Rainmaker is very catchy. Definitely the best thing they have done with Bruce singing since Powerslave for me.

PIV Bassman said:
Although the title track would be seen by many uneducated in the ways of Maiden as being a bit naff, I like it.
Ixnay on the condescensionay there, Chet!! :D
I am very well educated in 'the ways of Maiden' and I think it's extremely naff.......
Definitely the best thing they have done with Bruce singing since Powerslave for me.
Jeez - glad you added the 'for me' bit at the end there........SSOASS rules and ownz this piece of regurgitated dross........but Moonchild should still buy it - even a naff maiden album is better than most other shite.......

Even NPFTD owns this piece of regurgitated dross... and half the album sounded better when it was on The X Factor and Brave New World.

Buy it for Wildest Dreams though, Moony. Awesome song.

I would advise aginst paying for it, I dont like it at all, worst Maiden album by far IMHO. But thats just my opinion, plenty of people like it for some reason :confused:

I find it really, really boring, predictable and cliche. But whatever, other people like it, thats ok! :headbang:

Nightwing said:
Ixnay on the condescensionay there, Chet!! :D
I am very well educated in 'the ways of Maiden' and I think it's extremely naff.......

Actually that wasn't directed at you, Nightwing, it was meant in the sense that those people out there who don't get into Maiden aren't going to be swayed by the title track as it's a concentrated dose of all the things those people don't like about the band. By this I mean lyrics dealing with fantasy or story telling and music that is anything but trendy or in keeping with musical fashions. I've heard a couple of Spinal Tap references directed at the title track (and I danced and I pranced...) and it's no secret Spinal Tap based a lot of their material on early Maiden.

That said, I like the title track BECAUSE it is unashamedly unconventional.