Daniel Joins the metalcore ranks

Well, it's one thing to say "I don't like/hate this kind of music" and another to say "this is total garbage" or "Lawlz The Unrest suck fucking cock!"

It's really a matter of personal preference. I just prefer brutal honesty to being "respectful" in the sense that I actually hold my opinions back. It's also a matter of not being a fanboy I guess. I just don't blindly adapt my opinions and such after whether a person is a member of one of my favourite bands or not.

Couldn't give a fuck about daniel "korn changed my life" likesdickt, just so long as he keeps playing what other katatonia members tell him to.

It's really a matter of personal preference. I just prefer brutal honesty to being "respectful" in the sense that I actually hold my opinions back. It's also a matter of not being a fanboy I guess. I just don't blindly adapt my opinions and such after whether a person is a member of one of my favourite bands or not.

Exactly what i think!

That's why i love you and respect your feelings as a woman.

Well, it's one thing to say "I don't like/hate this kind of music" and another to say "this is total garbage" or "Lawlz The Unrest suck fucking cock!"

Nah, the more intense your comments = the more expressive you are

Being politically correct doesn't help you to be honest on the internet.

This talk totally reminds me of the discussion about Wilders in my country.
He's a politician who insults the islam and muslims to death, but people praise him for his honesty.
Fuck "honesty" when it can cause trouble and express yourself slightly more subtle for the world's good I'd say...

Of course what I stated above is really over exaggerated in this case, obviously, but just to show how I think about it.

I believe strongly standing for yourself and an opinion, no matter the content, is always better than moving for some misplaced modesty that's really just introvert. I and others were just commenting on the quality of this band, and it's really nothing personal. Many people tend to put band members and such on a high pedistal and just treat them as they are something more than regular people. I just say what's on my mind no matter if I'm talking to or commenting a random person or a band member.

And if we're going into politics and society, that opinions mellowing process is exactly what breeds real biggotry, hidden agendas and flat out lies. The less people that are inclined to say just what's on their minds, the more everything becomes as a sea of similarly rendered opinions. And of course, in the end everyones just agreeing to something they really don't even believe in. This forum should really have more political/philosophic discussions btw, 'cause it's pretty interesting. As for islam, I don't want to get into that one. Already had it in school and there's one accepted view. That view is a result of the mellowing I was talking about earlier.

Hmm well Vincent, i can't really see the point you're aiming to make because internet and real life are COMPLETELY different things ftlog.

btw this discussion will lead us nowhere. Gonna eat cake, brb.

I believe strongly standing for yourself and an opinion, no matter the content, is always better than moving for some misplaced modesty that's really just introvert. I and others were just commenting on the quality of this band, and it's really nothing personal. Many people tend to put band members and such on a high pedistal and just treat them as they are something more than regular people. I just say what's on my mind no matter if I'm talking to or commenting a random person or a band member.

I fully agree on your opinions about honesty. you should always say what you mean ant think.
the main difference between the real world and the interwebs is that in the real world you´d probably be considered rude if you just walk away from someone who you disagree with, but on the net you always have have the possibility to not reply.. (yes, i know Stefan, you have to raise yer postcount :p),
and what i mean is that in cases like theese, atleast i consider that more respectfull than posting "you guys are teh suxxorzz!!!lotsofnumberzz!"

And if we're going into politics and society, that opinions mellowing process is exactly what breeds real biggotry, hidden agendas and flat out lies. The less people that are inclined to say just what's on their minds, the more everything becomes as a sea of similarly rendered opinions. And of course, in the end everyones just agreeing to something they really don't even believe in. This forum should really have more political/philosophic discussions btw, 'cause it's pretty interesting. As for islam, I don't want to get into that one. Already had it in school and there's one accepted view. That view is a result of the mellowing I was talking about earlier.

Well I think we both have made our point now.

About the politics though: In the case I stated it's the problem that the opinion isn't really an opinion. It's really merely a provocation.
The man I'm talking about just yells negative stuff about the Islam, without backing it up WHATSOEVER.

If you have an opinion about something, you tell of it what you think about it with arguments. When you use insults it has got very little to do with the point you're actually trying to make. It just shows your emotions about the subject. And especially in politics people should express themselves objectively. You're there to solve problems, not to create them. If you go saying insulting stuff about people you're asking for trouble.