Danny and Vincent in Nova Gorica

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
Wow, fucking great show. Taped the entire thing, sound was great, songs were great, guys were fucking brilliant. Drank, laughed, and jammed with them while Vinnie took over the DJ at the after-party, playing every style of music you could think of. I think these guys are the most laid-back musicians I've ever met. Completely friendly, just want to sit around and drink and shoot the shit. Of course, there were the standard girls trying to go out with Vincent, standard autograph stuff, but after that it was like going to your favorite pub with your friends. :loco: <-- me, after drinking with Danny

They played so many great songs, but my favorite had to have been their cover of Radiohead's "Street Spirit". Danny did a phenomenal job singing and his piano work made the song even more haunting than the original. The cello was a welcome addition and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were included in more of their upcoming work.

The greatest part of the night:

Danny and the celloist asked for a beer from the bar, so they were given "Union", which is Slovenian beer. I wanted to say something to them before, knowing that it's utter shite, but I wanted to see the bitter and foul look on their face when they tasted this beer. The first thing Danny said was, "This beer is fucking shit!", and set it on the table and ordered a whiskey cola, which I was glad to partake in as well.

The place had only about 20-30 people tops, so it was a quiet atmosphere all night. The rest of the night we spent talking about nothing really...upcoming album, stories, things of that nature. We did, however, talk about the fuckos constantly badgering the guys about why they don't play metal anymore...had a good laugh about that one. Two words: "FACK AWF!!!"

I've seen Anathema live two times before this, but I must say that I enjoyed this show the most. It just seemed more personal. Danny let me in on a bit of news, but I shall let him tell you guys of that surprise; don't want to spoil the moment. :)

Oh, by the way, for Vincent...Annalisa told me to tell you, "DON'T BE ASHAMED OF THE SILENT ENIGMA VIDEO!!! WE ALL FUCKING LOVE IT!!!" :worship:

Long story, fellow forum-mates...another time.

To the guys, thanks for coming to visit, and we had a really good time with you guys last night...fucking brilliant. Cheers!

Chris

thrashmetal78 said:
Taped the entire thing.

Danny let me in on a bit of news, but I shall let him tell you guys of that surprise; don't want to spoil the moment. :)
don't say these things Chris, just don't say them..

Hello thrashmetal78,

Was at the gig in Paris and had a great moment too...
Had no drink with one of the brothers anyway...:yell:

Please, could you send me with PM your email adress ?
I'll be interested in your recording... Have others for you in return... :D

Cheers

And have great Xmas to everyone,

Hellforlife
:headbang:

Nova Gorica is just on the other side of Gorizia, only NG is in Slovenia, and Gorizia is in Italy.

Just to water your mouths even more...

I was in the second seated row, no obstructions except for the occasional noggin popping up from the first row, but to counter that I simply zoomed, hehe.

I'll upload some stills in the coming days...

Cheers all!