Daredevil: "The Man Without Fear"

The Shawshank Redemption was good too. Although that was based on a novella, not a whole book.
Actually, I think The Shawshank Redemption was better than the novella.

Was wondering if anyone would say "Shawshank Redemption." I think what made that movie was Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins. Any other actors besides them and I don't think it would have been the same.

hmmmmmm some of those novelks to film things are a bit didgy tho, for one apocolyspe now is one awesome fuckin film, its only loosely based on hearts of darkness, i mean the fact its set in wartime should give you the biggest clue on that

you know in that shawshank kinda vibe ( cept its not a short story)

i think film makes should come up woith some original ideas rather than grabbing anythin they think will spin them mney and aborting it bigtime

sorry but spiderman was awful truly bad, i thnk stan lee has had a lobotmy, and afetr one of the worst filsm ever that was x men , i can't believe they are making a sequel...... i would look forward to the hulk, but its bound to be shit........probably can turn into hulk whenever he wants, and the amry love him and call him buddy or summink

fuckin bent.

I disagree....I thought Spider Man was good, X-men was an excellent movie...especially for a comic book movie.
Hulk and X-men 2 are coming this year. And here is a new one I just heard................
Iron Man scheduled for 2005!

i am gonna have to stick with being a comic nerd and say for me, they change too many of the cool things, the comics have such indepth stories and relationships that run for years, you just can't do that with the flicks, so they tend to miss tonnes of stuff out and change loads of things, i learnt me lesson with those two,i tried not to get annoyed by em, but geez some of pissed me off..... so staying away from the rest.......still tho, the graphics on hulk are looking pretty badass.........

You just can't get to the depth of the characters in 2 hours the way you can in a monthly series. Another (but more divisive) example is Highlander. Some prefer the Christopher Lambert version found in the original film and subsequent films, mainly the original though. I, however, am in the other group, that prefers Adrian Paul's Highlander: The Series. Initially I was reticent to jump on w/ that series, but after a 6 year run (that alone is impressive for syndicated television) I came to LOVE that show. Every Saturday night, I was watching Highlander from 1992-1998, I watched that damn show. The reason I like the Series so much better than the movies, is because I simply feel like I know the character that much better.

I gotta disagree with a lot that has been said about this topic.First of all I am a HUGE comic book fan, mostly DC, but I still know and like alot of other stuff. When I see these movies I know its not gonna be as through or have the depth of a comic book. I also know it will change a bunch of shit for the worse. So I just gotta keep an open mind and know its gonna be wattered down.
I liked the X-Men, Spiderman was one of the better comics to film movie.
My list of great comic to film movies.
The Rocketeer: Great popcorn movie, good fun, and its got Jennifer Connely (hubba hubba)
Superman 1&2
Spiderman
X-Men
Road To Perdition, did ya know this was a "graphic novel" long before it was a movie?
The Mask introducing the world to Cameron Diaz/ Jim Carry was perfect.
Men in Black: not one of my favorites but it worked as a film.
Ghost World: small little film,very good
Blade: the first one was cool

And the sucky ones:
Judge Dredd
The Phantom
The Shadow
all Batman (even the first one doesnt to Batman justice.)
Superman W/ Richard Pryor WTH???
Barb Wire
The Crow
Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles
The Punisher
Captain America: he had rubber ears....
Howard the Duck:dear God...
Swamp Thing/ should have been an acid trip thriller not campy fluff
Virus: Jamie Lee Curtis/ obscure Dark Horse comic book.

I know I'm missing some good and bad ones but thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Speaking of Soundtracks, I think Vanilla Sky is the best one hands down. I can listen to it from the beginning to the end without skipping a track. You can't say that about any other soundtrack. Even ones with Anthrax on them.

Originally posted by dutchy
any news about Judge Dredd 2??
If they lost Stallone and included Anthrax on the soundtrack, I could be persuaded to give the series a second chance :D

As for Daredevil, I haven't seen it, and with a very demanding four-and-a-half-month-old, I don't anticipate seeing it until it comes out on video (unless I can download a decent quality version sooner :D ). I know that Daredevil the comic has it's own origins and influences, but when I see the commercial for Daredevil the movie, I can't help but see "Spider-man (the movie) rip-off". I know it's only the commercial, but the part where he's flipping over to dodge the things flying at him, and leaping off the building...well, change the suit, and that looks exactly like scenes from last summer's movie.

Granted, Jennifer Garner looks like she makes for MUCH better eye candy than Kirsten Dunce :lol:

"when good comics go bad: vol 3"

introduced by that cheesy sheriff dude with the massive grin

"this director made this film when high on a deadly cocktail of alcohol and marijuana.............now he doesn't think its so funny...."

oh yeah by the way i totally agree with you that you just have to accept that they are never gonna cover decades of stories ina 2 hour film so it that sense they are just taking th character and main peeps in it.....and doing what they want with it,

tho...from what i have seen of x men two, they have even ditched their matrix outfits and are just going casual dress for this film.....cyclops "what did you expect blue spandex outfits"...um yes, you cock.

this thread has defo made me realise there are a couple of exceptions to the rule....more than i thought anyhoo.....

I'm a big Daredevil fan. Blind in one, I really thought he was the shit as a kid.
I thought the movie was excellent too, even though it got horrible reviews.
Did any Daredevil fans catch any of the tidbits of book to movie coincidences during the movie?
Like when Matt's father was fighting John Romita? (artist of Daredevil)
Or the dude who worked in the morgue? Forgot who he was, but he worked on the Daredevil comic book.
Or when young Matt stopped Stan Lee from getting run over?

Other thoughts......The whole 'sound' thing that helps him see, isn't like that in the books, but I realize sacrifices have to be made in order to make this interesting.
Bullseye should have had a costume. Don't understand why he didn't, even after asking for one.

At least they followed the book pretty well, and had a good villain. (unlike the Toad from X-men)

What about the promo for X-men 2? THAT LOOKED AWESOME.

i totally agree with every thing in this ^^^ post
i absolutely loved the Daredevil movie, and i'm pissed/confused about the fact that it's getting re-booted, because

the movie had so many different moments in the second half that totally make it look like a sequel was inevitable
a re-boot right now seems kind of pointless
because this re-boot is being done by Fox
so Daredevil will have to get re-re-booted when the rights eventually revert back to Disney/Marvel, (just like Spiderman) and since Disney/Marvel already re-aquired the rights to a Punisher Movie, they're already planning on doing a book-to-screen transition of the Frank-Miller-written-story-arc where Daredevil tries to arrest Punisher for being a "serial killer" Castle defends himself by saying he's "killing people that deserve to die" and then Castle says Daredevil is unworthy of his Superpowers because he refuses to kill people (i think it's in response to this argument that Daredevil actually starts killing people in the comic) and Disney wants to show this on the big screen as quickly as possible and make it take place in the same movie-universe as the Avengers movie, so why won't fox let go of Daredevil and let Disney make their Avengers universe Daredevil now??? if fox wants to make a 2nd daredevil movie, why the hell are they not just doing a direct sequel, like everyone would expect given all those "a sequel's gonna happen moments" that happened in the second half of the movie???
and apparently Robert Pattinson is in the running for being Matt Murdock, which would totally suck if he got the part

i totally agree with every thing in this ^^^ post
i absolutely loved the Daredevil movie, and i'm pissed/confused about the fact that it's getting re-booted, because

the movie had so many different moments in the second half that totally make it look like a sequel was inevitable
a re-boot right now seems kind of pointless
because this re-boot is being done by Fox
so Daredevil will have to get re-re-booted when the rights eventually revert back to Disney/Marvel, (just like Spiderman) and since Disney/Marvel already re-aquired the rights to a Punisher Movie, they're already planning on doing a book-to-screen transition of the Frank-Miller-written-story-arc where Daredevil tries to arrest Punisher for being a "serial killer" Castle defends himself by saying he's "killing people that deserve to die" and then Castle says Daredevil is unworthy of his Superpowers because he refuses to kill people (i think it's in response to this argument that Daredevil actually starts killing people in the comic) and Disney wants to show this on the big screen as quickly as possible and make it take place in the same movie-universe as the Avengers movie, so why won't fox let go of Daredevil and let Disney make their Avengers universe Daredevil now??? if fox wants to make a 2nd daredevil movie, why the hell are they not just doing a direct sequel, like everyone would expect given all those "a sequel's gonna happen moments" that happened in the second half of the movie???
and apparently Robert Pattinson is in the running for being Matt Murdock, which would totally suck if he got the part

Are you doing this on purpose :lol:? This is about he 3rd thread you brought back to the top from 2002-2003. Not complaining. I just find it quite ...odd:dopey:

Are you doing this on purpose :lol:? This is about he 3rd thread you brought back to the top from 2002-2003. Not complaining. I just find it quite ...odd:dopey:

sorry
i'm not trying to re-animate threads from a specific time-period
i'm re-animating threads about subjects that i'm interested in

i love Daredevil
i love superheroes in general
and yes, the guy in my sig pic really is Spiderman