Daredevil: "The Man Without Fear"

My list of great comic to film movies.
The Rocketeer: Great popcorn movie, good fun, and its got Jennifer Connely (hubba hubba)
Superman 1&2
Spiderman
X-Men
Road To Perdition, did ya know this was a "graphic novel" long before it was a movie?
The Mask introducing the world to Cameron Diaz/ Jim Carry was perfect.
Men in Black: not one of my favorites but it worked as a film.
Ghost World: small little film,very good
Blade: the first one was cool

And the sucky ones:
Judge Dredd
The Phantom
The Shadow
all Batman (even the first one doesnt to Batman justice.)
Superman W/ Richard Pryor WTH???
Barb Wire
The Crow
Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles
The Punisher
Captain America: he had rubber ears....
Howard the Duck:dear God...
Swamp Thing/ should have been an acid trip thriller not campy fluff
Virus: Jamie Lee Curtis/ obscure Dark Horse comic book.

i am a huge Marvel comics fan, and i know a lot about DC
and i have to disagree a little bit with these lists

my list of Great Comic Book Movies
CAPTAIN AMERICA (the brand new one)
PUNISHER (Thomas Jane one)
WATCHMEN
when i saw the movie Watchmen, it really seemed like Alan Moore had made a ton of mistakes and Zack Snyder fixed them
BATMAN BEGINS
i know i'll get flack for this, but i gotta say it,
Batman Begins >>>>>>>>>>>> The Dark Knight
THE PHANTOM and THE SHADOW and THE ROCKETEER
i think most of the young people who thought these movies sucked, would have prefered them to be done as "modernized re-imaginings", but I watched them as "period peices" and when veiwed as such, i felt like those 3 movies were really well made
DAREDEVIL
i know a lot of people on ultimate metal (other forums, not just this one) got exited about Daredevil getting re-booted because they hated the first one so much, i really don't see why, before the movie, i knew Daredevil as a guest character in Amazing Spiderman, Punisher comic, and the Fantastic Four, so i really didn't notice any of the differences between the movie and the comic, Daredevil's costume is leather instead of spandex, there's no spandex in the movie, Bullseye wears streetclothes instead of a costume, and the character Kingpin (that i knew from spiderman and punisher comics) was played by an actual actor, instead of a proffesional wrestler as i had totally expected, so i don't really see how anyone could say this movie sucked
BLADE TRILOGY
i never really understood all the big debates about which movie in this trilogy was the best/worst, i thought they were all pretty good
THE CROW
was decent, not really awesome, but it shouldn't be on anyone's Worst movie list either
SWAMP THING
it's pretty cool if you walk in expecting it to be "campy fluff" Troma doesn't made thriller movies

okay now for THE CRAPPY SUPERHERO MOVIE LIST
CAPTAIN AMERICA (the older one)
PUNISHER (Dolf lundgren one)
SPIDERMAN 3
it's so crappy, it makes the first 2 look awesome by comparison
SUPERMAN MOVIES (Christopher Reaves and Brandon Routh)
i hated the way they did Clark Kent, although, i can apretiate how awesome of an actor Routh was for being able to amazingly perfectly copy something that i hated when i saw it 20 years earlier

i didn't put Punisher Warzone/Thor/Green Lantern on either list because i haven't seen them

also
MIB, Howard the Duck, and Ghostworld WEREN'T superhero movies
and The Mask is a comedy, where as the other Superhero movies weren't

i totally agree with every thing in this ^^^ post
i absolutely loved the Daredevil movie, and i'm pissed/confused about the fact that it's getting re-booted, because

the movie had so many different moments in the second half that totally make it look like a sequel was inevitable
a re-boot right now seems kind of pointless
because this re-boot is being done by Fox
so Daredevil will have to get re-re-booted when the rights eventually revert back to Disney/Marvel, (just like Spiderman) and since Disney/Marvel already re-aquired the rights to a Punisher Movie, they're already planning on doing a book-to-screen transition of the Frank-Miller-written-story-arc where Daredevil tries to arrest Punisher for being a "serial killer" Castle defends himself by saying he's "killing people that deserve to die" and then Castle says Daredevil is unworthy of his Superpowers because he refuses to kill people (i think it's in response to this argument that Daredevil actually starts killing people in the comic) and Disney wants to show this on the big screen as quickly as possible and make it take place in the same movie-universe as the Avengers movie, so why won't fox let go of Daredevil and let Disney make their Avengers universe Daredevil now??? if fox wants to make a 2nd daredevil movie, why the hell are they not just doing a direct sequel, like everyone would expect given all those "a sequel's gonna happen moments" that happened in the second half of the movie???
and apparently Robert Pattinson is in the running for being Matt Murdock, which would totally suck if he got the part

I almost never come this board anymore. I was shocked to see a quote of mine from 2003!

holy%20thread%20resurrection.jpg

If it wasn't for Daredevil we wouldn't have the TMNT...I'm talking Eastman & Laird not that Burger King horse shit.

Daredevil resulted in TMNT being made? how so? actually asking, don't understand the connection

I can't remember which comic it was, it may have been Gizmo but I am not positive.

Anyway, there was a brief scene depicting a young Matt Murdoch attempting to cross the street with a fish bowl filled with four newly purchased baby turtles. At which point Murdoch tripped causing himself to drop the fish bowl, thereby breaking the bowl and sending the baby turtles into the sewer.

Murdoch then stumbled into the street and caused a truck carrying radioactive waste to swerve and crash and spill it's contents into the same sewer that Murdoch dropped the turtles into.

I can't remember which comic it was, it may have been Gizmo but I am not positive.

Anyway, there was a brief scene depicting a young Matt Murdoch attempting to cross the street with a fish bowl filled with four newly purchased baby turtles. At which point Murdoch tripped causing himself to drop the fish bowl, thereby breaking the bowl and sending the baby turtles into the sewer.

Murdoch then stumbled into the street and caused a truck carrying radioactive waste to swerve and crash and spill it's contents into the same sewer that Murdoch dropped the turtles into.

Well I'll be damned, you're right! I always thought that The Foot and The Hand had similarities too.

Edit: Just read on wikipedia that Daredevil wasn't the direct inspiration to creating a turtle with ninja skills, but TMNT was originally meant to be a parody of Marvel's Super Mutants...weird.

By the way the other thread we were talking about that Punisher movie from 2004, so I rewatched it just to be sure, and yeah it still sucked. :Smug:

:lol:
waiting for new punisher movie to be made, just to see if they can make it even slightly better than the crappiness of previous ones