Dark Tranquility Vs In Flames

I just ended Secret Of Mana in one weekend, and so I did with Illusion of Time (the one of the 79 DynA4 book)...
for me best Nintendo stuff will always be Zelda!!!!
and MegaMan just after!!!!!!!!!!
but yes, secret of mana was cool indeed!

First I would like to excuse me for being so monosyllabic on my first post, second for forgetting the insertion of the poll. Anyway overall DT is by far a better band than IF (my opinion), you just have to listen to Punish My Heaven and you’ll understand why… its not like the lyrics and the music are raised separately, its like they are together as one… that really contributes to a magic rushing feeling. Then we have the white and black screen… while IF will do the same stuff over and over again, DT will have the nerve to reinvent themselves in each album… what the hell!! In each music!

Its not that IF has worse musicians… its more that DT is a “smart” band.

HA! While Crono Trigger was also a DAMN good game.....it doesnt even compare to the complex and deep world of FF3. The huge cast, the long hours of gameplay, the side quests, theres no comparison!

FF 3/6 is a fuckin classic man, if you love story driven RPGs with lots of shit to do its a no brainer, even after all the RPGs ive played in this age of flashy graphics, it remains my favorite. Secret of Mana tho..........its up there, extremely fun game. Illusion of Gaia (Time?) was a good game, but not up to SoM standards. Not as much replay value.......

I've posted in a DT vs. IF thread a few weeks back, so I won't repeat my arguments, but IF is nothing compared to DT.

As for console RPG's, I've played through most of the Square classics, FF4-9, Chrono Trigger, Seiken Densetsu 2 & 3 (Mana 2 & 2 for us westerners). My personal favourite will always be FF6, it's got the best plot of any game I've ever played, and the coolest evil bloke ever. Kefka is great. It may not have the graphics of Chrono, or the gameplay, but the plot and dialogue are just on another plane. The best console rpg ever made for sure.

Originally posted by Ormir
My personal favourite will always be FF6, it's got the best plot of any game I've ever played, and the coolest evil bloke ever. Kefka is great. It may not have the graphics of Chrono, or the gameplay, but the plot and dialogue are just on another plane. The best console rpg ever made for sure.

Whole heartedly concur! Finally someone who shares my opinion :headbang:

Again I must again whole heartedly concur with phyre on the DT IF topics :D

I played FF3/6 originally on Snes when it was first released and by god it was a superior game, and still is. I tried to get Final Fantasy 2 (europe/japan not too sure), and at funcoland it was fucking 50 bucks! Grah!

phyre, can I make my own religion with you as god of high priest??? considering facts in this order....

1- you're wise
2- you're young (well that's not that common in other gods, but well that will make them freak out completely :p )
3- you're from Sweden, I never seen you, so you're a mere "believe" of yourself!
4- you're really untiddy.....gotta see God's bedroom!!! there's clouds everywhere!

Originally posted by leffe
I love Dt but the jester race and whoracle kills everything DT´s made.

i would say : IF (at least Anders Friden) kills everything DT tried to do on Skydancer ... :(

and i totally agree with Phyre, but i will add DT has a "depth" that IF doesn't have ... it come probably from the lyrics, but not entirely ... i don't know how to argue that ...

:hotjump:

Hey Skydancer was a damn good CD, not as good as Lunar Strain but a DAMN good CD..........

Hmm can I join the order of phyre? Ill be a monk or something! Dont they know karate?

Originally posted by aegis
ok, for those who want to join the Order of Phyre (hmm, i think his old avatar was more "majestic"), here are the opinion of the Great Master about his followers :
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13161
:lol: I remember that thread! :lol: It was funny... all those insults.

phyre, I have another fact to add to FatherVic's list.
5- you are very attractive...

Worship is good.

yes how could I forget that, and hes IS attractive, how could FV forget such a thing! WE FOLLOW YOU PHYRE!

Wow seems lots of you post at the hate pit..........YOU HATE FILLED BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!! Ok I love you :D

hmm... i almost joined the order but considering that your "god" stole it from somewhere else i decided to take back what i had said :p

edit: fixed some incoherences.

wtf? Now hes manipulating his followers to go get copies of the DT demos! HE MUST BE STOPPEd! HE LAUGHS LIKE HES FROM ALABAMA! Watch yourself phyre or ill lead a revolt............:D

well so that thread is our New Word????? well I expected somethig about love, black and silky tights and cotton wonderbra!!!
but if you say so, I guess I'll just send my moooonclad :p
and well I didn't pay much attention on how cute he is, just hypnotized by the wisdom of his wooooooorrrrrrrdddddddssssss

fathervic (ooooohmmmmm (twice in a week...))