Dark Tranquility Vs In Flames

It's fine, I just felt like pissing a few people off. Mainly plintus... due to him being a complete and utter douche on the everdying In Flames board.

In all seriousness, that is my opinion... might be "wrong" in others eyes but I couldn't give a rats ass what other eyes see.

In all seriousness, that is my opinion... might be "wrong" in others eyes but I couldn't give a rats ass what other eyes see.

Which is part of the reason why I think this kind of topics are never a good idea. Clearly most people have an opinion and tastes they're willing to express but unlikely to change (and that's fine). Discussion topics are meant to create some form of dialogue, otherwise it's just people standing at opposite corners of the road using expletives to define each other's driving.

I do believe there's better and worse music/records/bands, but a series of statements about what someone likes the most is moot.

Which is part of the reason why I think this kind of topics are never a good idea. Clearly most people have an opinion and tastes they're willing to express but unlikely to change (and that's fine). Discussion topics are meant to create some form of dialogue, otherwise it's just people standing at opposite corners of the road using expletives to define each other's driving.
Got a point. But these kind of threads are always fun! ;)

Got a point. But these kind of threads are always fun! ;)

Well... they attract many occasional users who did a search for the name of the "other" band involved. In some cases they post offensive one-liners suggesting any opinion besides theirs is a clear sign of mental retardation. It sure is fun to watch at first, but I don't think it's that hard to find the same entertainment elsewhere on the Internet.

As In Flames were getting worse and worse, I began to find DT better and better. I loved TJR, Whoracle and Colony, and love the Projector era onwards DT. I don't really enjoy the earlier production sound of DT, and I very much dislike the latter day IF.

Since this is a Dark Tranquillity board, I'm pretty sure Dark Tranquillity would win. If it was the In Flames board it would be the opposite.

In all honesty, I listen to the early In Flames albums way more than any of my Dark Tranquillity albums. If In Flames had kept making albums as good as The Jester Race, Whoracle, and Colony I would say them easily. But unfortunately they've turned into a shit band these days while Dark Tranquillity has kept their integrity and continues to evolve while not sacrificing their trademark sound. They're also probably better musicians overall as well. So in that case my vote also goes to Dark Tranquillity as the better band.

^^Does Armenian genocide have anything to do with IF and DT?Mine was an opinion...It seems that you can't handle opinions(well that's an expected thing from a Bush voter)Anyway thanx for your brainless post dude.Love ya!!

hahah well dt is still swedish. there's two in flames. the "swedish" in flames and the "american" in flames. I hate the "american" in flames. so dt all the way

t

He searches the forums for all instances of the word "Armenian" and copy/pastes the same reply. His God told him to.

very funny...so this is the situation:I posted in a thread and expressed my opinion,I get a response,though it was only a matter of taste.I get the point in the response;my statement was as sensational as recognizing the Armenian genocide...I'm not that stupid smart asses...My point was that there is no sense in responding to a post that includes an opinion...It's just brainless and no I don't search for the word Armenian,actually I had a lot of Armenian friends and we have the chance to live together in my country...You're just bullshitting about a country that you actually never know...You're just being racist by telling these things to me.You don't even know that I believe in God or not cos to you everybody that lives in a Muslim country hijacks a plane and crashes into the towers by the will of his/her God...But you know what,you're no different than those maniac Muslims that kill people for religion...That's right you're as narrow minded as they are...

He searches the forums for all instances of the word "Armenian" and copy/pastes the same reply. His God told him to.

:lol:

Now he implied I was narrow-minded muslim-hater racist after calling me a "Bush voter", just because I'm so controversially blessed to live in the States. And I love how only a single mention of Armenian genocide ticks every Turk off :heh:

Mission accomplished.

@the mourner13: next time I post I'm going to add the word "Armenian" in a long dissertation about the qualities of MyLittlePonies. Just because I know I'm going to love how you'll insist and not read any other post besides yours anyway.

This is hard for me to truly decide, since like Plintus, they're both my bro bands. Therefore, i'll treat you all to a nice, long discussion on which band outdicks the other.

Musicianship

DT was always known for having the unique sound. They came up with such creative and balls to the walls riff (look up Punish Mah Heaven). In the beginning, with the first two EP's, their music was a bit simplistic. It got better in Skydancer/Of Chaos And Eternal Night, then wham, The Gallery comes at you. I don't need to explain it's greatness. A Mind's I, Projector, and Haven later, we get Damage Done. It's a great album, but somewhat slower. Then, we get Character, featuring the most catchy and brutal riffs and drumming ever, ever. Fiction...well, wait for a few weeks to find out.

IF had more simplistic songs, but Lunar Strain, Whoracle, and Subterranean has a lot of unique and very creative songs. Colony and The Jester Race were the best albums because of the creativity, and Colony had so much energy yet kept the same ethics of their past albums. It really wasn't until Clayman that they're sound changed. And we all know, don't deny it, that Reroute and Soundtrack To Your Escape sucked, massively. Come Clarity saved them from reaching the annals of sucktitude, hopefully they will learn their lesson about writing songs like My Sweet Shadow or Cloud Connected. I still love them though, I can't deny that I loved their old albums up to 2000, and CC had Vacuum, Versus Terminus, Reflect The Storm and Vanishing Light. All of them were great songs.

Winner - DT

Stage Prescence

DT has incredible stage prescence. Mikael is always up front, incredibly nice, interacting with the crowd, exchanging high fives with crowd members, he notices everyone that is up front just as much as he is.

I don't know much about IF, but according to bootlegs, their just as good. Anders shows a lot of interactivity, a bit of wit, and he's also a nice guy too. He likes to joke around a lot.

Winner - Tie

Attitude

DT focuses on one thing, music. They don't try to be famous, try to say something they shouldn't. They aren't trying to be famous, they just merely did by their music. They don't diss or insult musicians despite how shitty their music is (and they know it, but they still keep their heads bowed, good for them). Their attitude is great, and are totally laid back. I love how they try to include every album except Skydancer and the two EPs (understandable, but I wish they would play Yesterworld or Shadow Duet).

IF has a bit of a rockstar approach, which annoys me. In concert, they focus only on their hits, and that's it. The only old songs I see nowadays are like, what, Graveland? Behind Space? Morphing Into Primal? I think the fans are primarily to blame for this, though. If fans showed enthusiam for ALL their works, not just their past four albums, then we would get much better setlists. Also, they have the tendency to piss me off, especially the interview with Daniel Svennson.

Winner: DT

Score: DT - 2 and 1/2
IF - 1/2

DT wins, fatality.

Next match up: At The Gates vs. The Haunted vs. Opeth vs. Scar Symmetry vs. Amon Amarth vs. A Canarous Quintet/This Ending...which Swede will over top the other?