Dark Tranquility Vs In Flames

In Flames............ is great band, mature and still consecuent
in my list of fav bands dark tranquillity deserve the 5 position

wildfyr, that is one of the pros to DT :p
If one day they have to support some numetal band as Slipknot or Korn to be able to play in the US, I guess I prefer them to stay at home :D

Leaving Reroute To Remain, Soundtrack, and Come Clarity aside... In Flames are a fucking awesome band! Skydancer however is better than Lunar Strain and I have to say this, Anders did a pretty good job on it. I don't know why you all say that he fucked up the album. :loco: I can't really decide from my 2 all-time favorite bands whether it is IF or dt, it keeps kinda changing.

I think we have some obsession with dredging up the demons of our past. What ever happened to the good threads we had back then?

Or has my nostalgia clouded my memory to the fact that this was one of the good threads...

~kov.

People have already commented on the stupidity/pointlessness of "DT vs _______" threads so I will take the opportunity to comment on In Flames:

I think they've really gone downhill, although it's hard for me to pinpoint where the starting point was. Lunar Strain, Subterranean, and the Jester Race I think are their BEST albums and some of the best metal of all time. Whoreacle was pretty good to me, Colony and Clayman were OK I guess (for any other band they would have been good records but for In Flames?)

It seems that after their first 3 albums they stopped evolving and followed the same template for the rest of their albums, which is unfortunate because they are such a talented band. Ironically, it was in this period of decline/stagnation that they've become a commercial success. Basically the bore the hell out of me now and until I hear they've changed/evolved I won't even bother with them.

I disocvered in flames and dark tranquillity when they were just breaking out (The Gallery/The Jester Race era), so there's no "VS" for me, there's always "AND". And - I don't care if either band goes whichever way as long as they tour and put out the albums - majority of whining cunts who bash in flames or say dt is boring have never seen them live or went any further than downloading the album or two.

And how can you choose between lemon and 17 anyway?

I disocvered in flames and dark tranquillity when they were just breaking out (The Gallery/The Jester Race era), so there's no "VS" for me, there's always "AND". And - I don't care if either band goes whichever way as long as they tour and put out the albums - majority of whining cunts who bash in flames or say dt is boring have never seen them live or went any further than downloading the album or two.

And how can you choose between lemon and 17 anyway?

Agreed (Except that due to my age I discovered them in the Reroute to Remain era when I heard the colony album.). I still like DT more but it would be kind of boring to listen to the same band every day.

I came across In Flames after I'd already been introduced to DT (around the Damage Done era).. I was expecting too much I guess but I had a short period that I was really into them. I never got into their older stuff (Lunar Strain - The Jester Race).. Nowadays I really don't care for them.. I still sometimes listen to Whoracle, R2R or StYE.. I really like StYE (go ahead shoot me :p ) due to it's unique futuristic atmosphere that isn't present on any other IF record..

I got introduced to In Flames after Dark Tranquillity back in 2002 or so. I remember seeing dt CD's all over my brother's room but I never really knew who they are. Then once my brother gave me The Gallery to give it a listen, right from the start (Punish My Heaven) :kickass: I fell in love. :p

being a fan of both (DT my second favourite band ever so im biased), i think they are 2 totally different bands to listen to.

DT are more complex, environmentally stimulating, and they seem to have more depth to them. I love them.

In Flames however, are a more straight forward band, they dont seem to delve too much into new areas, and do what they do best.
They do have some good stuff in saying that though.

I havent listened to IF in ages, plus their singer comes across like a snob.

I much prefer DT, but IF arent too bad either.

I always liked DT more, and I liked In Flames a lot about a year ago. Now I rarely listen to In Flames (except for "Jotun"--awesome song).

Dark Tranquillity vs In Flames is like...

Freight Train vs House of Cards. It's just laughable how badly the former slams right through the latter and grounds them into the dust.

Old In Flames > Old Dark Tranquillity
New In Flames < New Dark Tranquillity
Old In Flames > New Dark Tranquillity
New In Flames < Old Dark Tranquillity

The conclusion... new In Flames is a sack of shite. Dark Tranquillity are a more consistent band. In Flames have produced the best music of both bands at some point during their existence. Imo. I think comparing The Gallery with The Jester Race is a much tougher call to make than say comparing Come Clarity with Fiction... for example. TJR beats TG but not by as much as Fiction owns CC.

Old In Flames > Old Dark Tranquillity
New In Flames < New Dark Tranquillity
Old In Flames > New Dark Tranquillity
New In Flames < Old Dark Tranquillity
-1372498327 What the hell! Let me rephrase this:

Any Dark Tranquillity > Old In Flames
Old Dark Tranquillity >= Old In Flames
Any Dark Tranquillity >>> New In Flames :)lol: they're not even comparable :heh:)