Dark Tranquillity finally played on MTV!

amIevil

New Metal Member
Oct 21, 2001
As background music on "Sorority Life". Ouch. I found it highly disturbing hearing "Hours Passed In Exile" (?) in the background while whiny, melodramatic broads yapped at each other.
And I did discover this by accident btw, I thought it was time for "Jackass". So there!

Yeah, they seem to be doing that more often lately. I heard an Amorphis song in the background of one of their shows a few weeks ago....maybe there is a glimmer of hope after all.

Maybe the title of the song has something to do with those broads. :D

that's interesting... now i want to check up that show, or at least the episode.

i'll also start waiting patiently for a "friends" episode featuring ross using nether novas snippets during a paleonthology reading.

rahvin.

You can easily find the Hedon and Zodijackyl Light videos using SoulSeek or some similar filesharing program. A search for "dark tranquillity hedon mpg" turned up four results in a few seconds.

stefan86 said:
I've actually seen Monochromatic Stains on ZTV (a swedish music channel) :headbang:
I did too... must've been watching it at the same time as you :p
First time I saw that video though, it's on my Damage Done CD naturally but the bloody thing won't work in my computer...

I don't care much about it either...I'll watch the videos as many times I like in my tv when I get the DVD.

Abolish? Nevar! :'( My sweet videos.. (whereof eight were deleted yesterday by my brother :mad: grrrrrrr that really pisses me off..)

You watch MTV then?
Wow. I gave up the hope for good music coming on MTV waaaay ....months ago. :p
Well, MTV Nederland, that is.
I don't know if it makes much difference with other countries.. (with?)

Another thought on ZTV; I was surprised to see them play an At The Gates video once... sometimes good taste finds its way through all the commercial crap...

Northern Lights said:
Another thought on ZTV; I was surprised to see them play an At The Gates video once... sometimes good taste finds its way through all the commercial crap...

A lot of good music videos I found on the net has the circle Z logo stamp.

I've had DivX's of all ATG videos, Tiamat "The Sleeping Beauty," Entombed "Left Hand Path", "Stranger Aeons", "Night Of The Vampire" and more, Carcass "No Love Lost" and "Heartwork" and a lot of death metal from MTV with MTV stamps in the top-right corner.

Some of them, like "Blinded By Fear" even had the new-ish (2000's, at least) transparent blue thingies... You know, where they put the name of the artist, song and album at the beginning and end of the video. They look kind of like an iMac. They had 'em a couple of years ago. Buh. I'm not all that eloquent right now.

So anyway, MTV used to play some good stuff. Not too long ago, either. You just had to be awake in the middle of the fucking night to see any of it. On ZTV I've seen Sentenced "No One There" and a couple of In Flames videos, and "ThereIn" once I think but I'm not sure. I never watch TV anyway. Oh, and a friend saw Bathory "One Rode To Asa Bay" on VH1 I think.