Dark Tranquillity U.S./Canadian Tour 2007

^ USB cable especially made for phones? :p

@Nikkie: Is the Plintuspoo in the last pic? It wouldn
t surprise me, ye know because of the ad in the backgtround... :rolleyes: .

@Creator_Failure: Awesome pics! I specially like the one with Niklas! :kickass:

from the left: me, plintus, you know, you know. :)
taken by Chrissy, edited by me.
March 25, Jaxx, Springfield, VA

limuzin.jpg

Haha duh it was quite obvious :rolleyes: , but I wasn't sure because I haven't seen a pic of him for ages :p . He's still as handsome as usual *cof cof*, and yeah now that I notice he has a certain resamblance with me, specially with the hair :) .

@ slatavijepus aka Ughi: (what kind of name is that anyway hehe? :p ) Awesome pic, dunno why it made me laugh a lot, perhaps it was the way you appeared :lol: . What is Mikael's belt? He has something over there... :heh: .

And is he wearing a ring as a necklace? Mabe it's of his wife? :)

haha Martin's shirt of poker is funny. I always notice that DT at least one member in the band has one weird/funny shirt. :loco:

I still remember at Jaxx, when this one camera lady was trying to take a picture, Stanne took his beer can and made her drink it while the song was playing. Kinda spilled all over her and the camera, but it was still funny nonetheless.

Hey everyone! I suppose I'll join this board/thread now too, since talk of my photo-pit beer-chugging experience precedes me... ! :kickass:
Just wanted to say that was one of the coolest (and most unexpected) moments EVER, and that Dark Tranquillity are THE most fun and gracious band I've ever met, and I will love them forever!!!!

Here's a picture of that event, it's not so clear, but it captured the moment... thanks for the pic, Ughi!! And thanks, Dark Tranquillity, for being such awesome guys.

dsc_0184s.jpg

I'll let Ughi sort through and post any of my pics from that night, there were so many, and I'm going to the Pittsburgh show to get more on Friday!

By the way, anyone going to the shows on the rest of the tour, be sure to stop by Into Eternity's merch counter and pick up a copy of the new issue of Enslain Magazine... it's seriously cool... I should know, I wrote the damned thing...!

-Chrissy

Lighting.

Damn you. This could have been earth-shattering. Although, now that you mention it, they did have that awesome red backlighting for the DT banner.

Yeah, the lighting was a bit funky that night, and I'm pretty sure the fever had set in before I even left, as I sort of stumbled out of the place pretty dizzy and light-headed.

~kov.

Oh, and Welcome!

@ slatavijepus aka Ughi: (what kind of name is that anyway hehe? :p ) Awesome pic, dunno why it made me laugh a lot, perhaps it was the way you appeared :lol: . What is Mikael's belt? He has something over there... :heh: .

And is he wearing a ring as a necklace? Mabe it's of his wife? :)

Oh, my name is a long story which makes little sense anyway. My real name is Jaŭhien Sasnoŭ and it's Belarusian.
Mikael's belt says RUSH. And there are two rings as a necklace. But they don't look like those one puts on a finger. I'll have some close-ups posted when I get to it.

Was at the Toronto show last night, and thought all 4 bands put on a hell of show, all great acts in the sense they all had a great stage presence.

Scar Symmetry - Loved them going in, and they didn't disappoint. Heard several response that their sound mix tended to be shit, but they came together. Reborn sounded horrible, but all in all it ended well. Christian's vocals seemed to wearing thin near the end, but man he belted out the tunes.

Into Eternity - Meh. As much as I try to like these guys, just can't get into em. As much as the audience loved them, and can see why, Canadian content on the metal scene getting some recognition is always nice, but I just didn't dig em. Decent sound mix, but thought it sounded pretty muddy usually.. and Stu's vocals seemed mixed really low as well... much like Peter's during The Haunted set.

The Haunted - Wished they had played more stuff from the albums I dig (the first 3) but they still kicked ass. I much prefer Marco Aro, but Peter Dolving is a heck of a madman on stage. Quite evil looking. And yeah, Peter's vocals seemed mixed really low, which was a bit of a bother.

Dark Tranquillity - Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Can't say that enough. Great sound mix (would've tweaked the guitars a little, hard to hear some intricacies, but ah well.) And Mikael's voice was booming.

excellent show yesterday. i didn't care much for the other 3 bands there, Into Eternity wasn't bad and The haunted had their moments, but i went just for dark tranquillity, waited the 3.5 hours before you guys got on and was not disappointed.

I was right up front for the majority of the night. I was chillin' there with my Scar Symmetry hat on. :heh:

Awesome show. All of the bands were really on. I agree that Reborn sounded like ass... I could barely tell what song it was! They still put on a great show.

And, of course, DT fucking tore it up. The new material sounded awesome live.