Darkest Opeth Song

Actually I don't think Credense is the most sorrowful.. no way... the most melacholic and sorrowful bit I've ever heard from Opeth is from the song 'The Forest of October' off Orchid. The chanting by Mikael accompanied by the riffage from min 11:10 to 12:05 put a lump in my chest. Its so beautiful, haunting and utterly melancholic.

What do ya think Hoser? comparing it to Credences sound I reckon it beats it in that type of emotional invokation.

Well lyrically and musically.. I think the darkest one musically is Black Rose Immortal.. Maybe I choose it cause I love it to the core.. And lyrically, the darkest is the Prologue.. And it is damn beautiful..

Originally posted by Brotherelf
No way, guys. SFU has some good riffs, they entertain me. I don't dwell on thier lyrics, but they're funny and Chris Barnes has an awesome voice. I don't always go looking for brutality either, I just LOVE death metal :p I'd say about 70 - 80% of my music collection is death metal, and another 15% is other metal , however you want to classify that these days.

I love death metal. But I think SFU is utter shit. Cannibal corpse isn't far behind. the best thing that ever happened to corpse was getting corpsegrinder on vocals. SFU is so simple and boring and totally mindless. i could write a SFU album in 10 minutes. Cannibal deserve props for keeping it up for so long, and they were sort of an originator in some ways. but interesting music? I dont' think so. If i'm gonna do the death metal thing, I'll take older deicide, immolation, morbid angel, hate eternal, suffocation, cryptopsy, dismember, entombed, etc etc. those bands interest me much more.

But the following Contraries to these are True:

1. Man has no Body distinct from his Soul for that calld Body is a portion of Soul discernd by the five Senses, the chief inlets of Soul in this age

2. Energy is the only life and is from the Body and Reason is the bound or outward circumference of Energy.

3. Energy is Eternal Delight

-- More William Blake