Darkflight/Ars Moriendi split

Very nice to see you here ,Robert. I was hoping to get Thomas and Bastien in here but I guess they can also chat via MSN. Is Ivo an Bastien giving you the info you need to prototype the split layout? Did you see the Shroud/WS split artwork?

Thanks! Yep. I saw it, didn't quite catch what was what on the layout front. But hey. What if one of you guys figure out what kind of layout style and all you want, how many pages etc. and drop me an email at roberthoy - at - metal-norge.com, so that I can start working on the art. It's a bit difficult when everything regarding the layout is so blurry. :)

Crenshaw said:
Thanks! Yep. I saw it, didn't quite catch what was what on the layout front. But hey. What if one of you guys figure out what kind of layout style and all you want, how many pages etc. and drop me an email at roberthoy - at - metal-norge.com, so that I can start working on the art. It's a bit difficult when everything regarding the layout is so blurry. :)
i think we'll have to specify some more things online, but basically we agreed on having 4 pages booklet (no lyrics, no photos), 2 separate artworks (if we still keep onto the reversible booklet idea) and 2 pages with bands text, i don't know whether it'll look like that;
ex1.jpg

while opening the cd case you see both arworks and on the other side is the texts...

or like this;
ex2.jpg

also we have the cd label and the inlay, Thomas and Jeremy should decide about what kinda case we'll have, colors etc., but i think the artworks are first priority right now, once we have them it'll be easier to design the rest...

i guess that's what we pick then, we have confirmed the reversible booklet,
this is the example front or the exterior (as thomas named it)
ex1.jpg

and on the inside we have the bands info, background perhaps fragment of the artworks... Jeremy, what do you think?
btw, Arsonist2 is Bastien...

Reversible booklet? Do you guys think that's a good idea? Cuz honestly..someone is going to get screwed with that...

IMHO..i think having both covers either on the front or one on the back traycard would look a whole lot better... That way, both bands/labels can be perfectly represented..

I think it's good.. but it's too bad you guys don't like the thematic layout and balance of the shroud/ws split. It's feasible and volume 1 of a series of splits I'm doing. Nobody sees the inside of the booklet until it's open. I'd also say - we should have the band come 1st who is on the cover. Perhaps we can have some other input from some people in the inner circle? just for some shared wisdom.

Withersoul said:
Reversible booklet? Do you guys think that's a good idea? Cuz honestly..someone is going to get screwed with that...
actually i prefer reversible booklet, even if DF ends up being on the inside, i just don't like the idea that the artwork in the back is having barcode and labelinfo, it's kinda distracting and personally for me it would give better impression if it's intact.

a suggestion again: One cover with both names on. Half the point of making a split cd is like...sharing a disc, why not share the cover? As a record buyer, cd reviewer and designer I would prefer that. It's a decent sollution with reversable booklets, no problemo to execute, but why? It kind of reflects the feeling that both bands are squeezed into one cd to save money. Not trying to be a asshole here, and it's all up to you, but... Think about it.

thomas from Deadsun thinks having 2 bands = 2 artworks, we can discuss further, although i hope you won't mind doing 2 separate if it's necassary?

@Jeremy, check your PM, i pasted you a conversation i had with Manuel...