Darren White: not dead and not dreaming

ikeaboy said:
you can open up for me too if you like, wide :Smokedev:

Don’t be silly saccharine lady! I don’t want to open up for you, I want you to be my sweet wedded spouse, have a little house with a garden, perhaps mirtos or Myosotis… I like those. A nice seesaw (how are those things called, you know, for kids to swing) behind the house, nice surroundings and stuff… spend our sundays home seeing a good movie... aaaah:saint:

pagan2002 said:
daz is a top bloke. his positivity was a wonderful thing to be around and its no co-incidence that i became a more negative person following his departure. but that was some time ago. we got carried away and thats the way it goes when you are young. i just wish all the best to serotonal and nothing would please me more than for them to do a great album and be recognised. even tour with us. i would love it.

That would be amazing if you guys toured together! :headbang:

yogidaz said:
I simply cannot listen to The Silent Enigma because in my head the music is as much a part of me as it is to the others, except because I was not on the finished album no-one else appreciates that. When I work on music to that intensity that we did it becomes part of me. You are there at the birth and you feel you are a part of that song's life.
Yes, I know that Danny wrote most of it, but it came together and was structured in the studio, with me being totally involved in it (without actually playing any of it).
Lots of it (and songs on later albums) was born on my little acoustic guitar in my room in front of the coal fire. Moody, late-night, drugged-up times between me and Danny! I would fuel Danny up with tales of other dimensions, true stories of worldwide misery, copious amounts of hashish, and we would discuss how to start the revolution through rock and roll, denim and leather. He would respond by coming up with riff after riff and we would already hear the finished tunes in our heads.
Anyway. All the other albums I have heard, I have liked. I think they do sound better when they play heavier, but Electricity is not heavy (in the conventional sense) but is still impressive - in it's sheer simplicity. I find Childhood Dream sickening though. If I hear it by mistake I feel ill.
I think Panic is great, and the tune of Violence during John's blasts gives me emotions almost like I got when I was in the band.

I have a couple of questions Darren if you don't mind:

1. Do you still keep relations with Duncan Patterson?
2. What do you think of Antimatter's music?
3. Would you ever collaborate with him on a music project again?

a_silent_enigma said:
I have a couple of questions Darren if you don't mind:

1. Do you still keep relations with Duncan Patterson?
2. What do you think of Antimatter's music?
3. Would you ever collaborate with him on a music project again?

1) Yes

2) I don't think I have listened enough to say enough. I have his out-takes CD, but I should imagine that the official releases are better. From what I heard, I like the dark acoustic stuff more than the programmed stuff. I like Mick much more than the ladies who sang. He exhibits far more emotion.

3) Yeah, if the circumstances were right. He did ask me to do some stuff before but I had so little spare time. He asked if I could find time to record some spoken stuff and send it over, but I am always taking on too much and then leaving myself with too little time. Besides, it would be better to go and do vocals to the music rather than the other way round. I always seem to arrive in Europe just as he's finished something. While I am around I have worked with Serotonal, and then I leave before he has started the next thing. For over ten years now I have thought about moving to Ireland anyway. If I do, it will be easier for us to do something.

a_silent_enigma said:
That would be amazing if you guys toured together! :headbang:

Wait and see. Don't get too enthusiastic. These things have a habit of not materialising!

Bloody ell Daz mate how ya doing?Remember me Kev the nutter who was always at the early Anathema gigs-and even went to the wrong town in Holland-haha!

Nice to see you're doing music again-just found your bands website and will download the tunes later :Spin:

Its cool to read that you and the blokes in Anathema are cool now-i knew that anyway-times move on-i still think those early days and gigs were some of the best musical times in my life :headbang:

Take it easy mate-i'll be in touch :wave:

Best of luck with Serotonal, Darren. I know the guys from The Eternal here in Melbourne and they were raving about your work both live and on their album. Your vocal on 'Remembrance Scars' is great. I'm sorry I missed the show you played with them!

Best of luck for the future!

now playing: Anathema- 'Serenades'

Kev P said:
Bloody ell Daz mate how ya doing?Remember me Kev the nutter who was always at the early Anathema gigs-and even went to the wrong town in Holland-haha!

Nice to see you're doing music again-just found your bands website and will download the tunes later :Spin:

Its cool to read that you and the blokes in Anathema are cool now-i knew that anyway-times move on-i still think those early days and gigs were some of the best musical times in my life :headbang:

Take it easy mate-i'll be in touch :wave:

Nice one Kev, lar. Good to know you're still around too! We'll keep in touch. Hope you like the tunes. We have just spent a couple of days in a studio in Liverpool recording some more tracks. It is being mixed today. It was quite a rush, but we had to get in and record some of our new songs so that we can share them with others and not just keep them for our own pleasure! More news as it comes!
There are a couple of new items on the site. www.serotonal.co.uk
Do keep in touch. dazonatrip@hotmail.com

Darren,

Glad to see you on here. Hope you and Sylv are cool. Good luck with the band too.

Let me know when you are next down in this neck of the woods, we should go out for a bevvie with the Royster. I'd had more than a few when I saw you at the 5ive / Ramesses gig, so did not find your details straight away afterwards... blame splitting up with the ex. Have a word with Staff and come play down here soon...

Will mail you.

Cheers AlexGuiness! I was in Liverpool recently and I found an All Faith is Lost demo for ya. I am now in Germany for a bit longer, but I will pass the demo to you in a couple of weeks (if I remember - you know me).