Dead Can Dance

I'm really into the first one, where they have this wierd Postpunk/World vibe going on:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DggPe4KaD_c&fmt=18[/ame]

fo example.

I've heard that way more than their other stuff, but "Black Sun" from the album Aion is supreme, as is "The Host of Seraphim".

Last edited by a moderator:
Only heard Spleen and Ideal through Aion, and their first EP, liked them all but the EP, Within the Realm of a Dying Sun, and Serpent's Egg stuck with me the most. Any recs for stuff more like their really ethereal, beautiful stuff like tracks 1, 4, or 8 off WTROADS or "The Host of Seraphim"? Or is their newer stuff all world music?

Big fan. There's actually a few threads for this band but yeah, awesome. I have both of Brendan's solo albums but only a couple of Lisa's. Seeing them in concert would be spiritual for me. I missed them twice for no good reason.

Only heard Spleen and Ideal through Aion, and their first EP, liked them all but the EP, Within the Realm of a Dying Sun, and Serpent's Egg stuck with me the most. Any recs for stuff more like their really ethereal, beautiful stuff like tracks 1, 4, or 8 off WTROADS or "The Host of Seraphim"? Or is their newer stuff all world music?

spleen through towards the within are all worth owning.

I've been meaning to buy some Dead Can Dance for years but haven't for some reason. I should amend this situation one day soon.

Any other fans here? Within the Realm of a Dying Sun is without a doubt one of the best albums I've ever heard. Into the Labyrinth as well, unbelievable music.

I second this ! I'd a true shock the first time I' ve heard this .
This album truly opened my mind.
Lisa Gerrard 's got a voice of Angel .
Within the Realm of a Dying Sun is one the best albums ever made .

I discovered them in late 2012 with Anastasis. Thought it was the most beautiful album of the year. Seems it's not a fan favorite though? But I really love it. Slowly digging into the rest of their albums, and so far I've also really liked their debut, Into the Labyrinth, and Within the Realm of a Dying Sun.

well, this is disappointing. i picked up what is widely regarded as their best album, within the realm of a dying sun, put on a pair of noise cancelling headphones and laid down to let the music play...

so there are 8 songs, but 1 is a quick instrumental, so really 7 songs. the music isn't bad, it's creative, but there is nothing memorable. ill never listen to it again (one of those albums i just know ill never like)...

but i wont write them off. i have 2 more albums to give a try. kinda disappointed. heard great things about them.