Ulver and Dead can Dance.

Don Corleone said:
antimatter's "black sun" was a cool cover on that lotus eaters compilation. anyone else noticed that track?
"Black Sun" is my favorite song on Aion. They made a good choice.
*adds lotus eaters to wish list*

Amazon fucked up my order for Ulver-Perdition City, will have to re-order. Anyway, Within the Realm of a Dying Sun is quite possibly the most gorgeous music I've ever heard. Suggestions on what to get next by DCD?

BloodSword said:
Amazon fucked up my order for Ulver-Perdition City, will have to re-order. Anyway, Within the Realm of a Dying Sun is quite possibly the most gorgeous music I've ever heard. Suggestions on what to get next by DCD?

Towards the Within. Their best IMO.

There is a stand alone dvd out now of Toward the Within, taken from DCD's excellent 1994 tour in support of Into the Labyrinth. The concert is excellent and well worth a viewing. You used to be able to get the dvd version only as part of the 3cd DCD compilation.

After 10 or so listens, I am convinced of the brilliance of this band. The vocals and musicianship are second to none,IMO. The only flaw with the recording is the audience. At a DCD concert, respectful applause is warranted. But, the hooting and hollering of what was probably some fat, trucker lookin' guys with crooked baseball hats is atrocious.

BloodSword said:
Within the Realm of a Dying Sun is quite possibly the most gorgeous music I've ever heard. Suggestions on what to get next by DCD?

"The Serpent's Egg" is the DCD album that most closely resembles "Realm". Also, it contains what I feel is THE most powerfully moving song ever recorded, "The Hosts Of Seraphim".

That song WILL be played at my funeral. There's nothing like it.