Dead End Kings

can you please shut the fuck up i stopped reading your posts on page 2

I don't get it really. OK this guy is a bit obsessed with the number of tracks included in the album, but what do you guys want? Do you want everyone to write "OMG new album fuckin amazing im so fuckin super stoked this is gonna be mega awesome" etc. Why do people participate in a forum? Only to appreciate everything that the band does? At least he has a fuckin opinion.

I hope there is a limited edition with 3d postcard type dealies that have Jonas tapping his thigh over and over and the whole band doing the BREDBENTCORE.

I'd just prefer postcards in a box :D

And please not these dumb super jewel case things.

I once had to explain why I have 5 dudes pinned to my wall.

Well, I'm not aware of what he posted before, I can only see the edited versions of the posts. But yeah let's move on.

I didn't like the artwork at all, although I liked the colors used. The giant bird is very irritating for me.

The name of the album kind of grew on me, at first it sounded like too much of a doom album name (like MDB album names), but then, I think after I read Jonas' explanation, I kinda started liking it. The names of the songs sound interesting as well. I think they keep referring to their old songs. The One You're Looking For Is Not Here is a line from Walking by A Wire if I am not mistaken.

I didn't like the artwork at all, although I liked the colors used. The giant bird is very irritating for me.

Agreed here)) made a crappy avatar for russian local failbook:

b64e9778e30d.jpg

I can't believe it's time again. I'm really looking forward to there being another Katatonia album to experience.

While the cover is not my favorite one used by the band, I like the color scheme and overall feel. I really like the album title, especially after hearing the explanation for it.

As for the whole discussion regarding songs being recorded during sessions for an album, but not being included on the album itself...I think it's only a bad thing if the band explicitly wishes for a specific tracklisting, but said tracklisting is changed in favor of releasing some tracks elsewhere.

Sometimes bands record tracks that they decide don't really fit on the album that they're working towards, and I have no problem with buying said tracks on singles, EPs, etc. in addition to getting the album. In the case of Viva Emptiness and "Wait Outside", didn't the band say that this was the case?

In any case, I certainly hope that Dead End Kings will have a final tracklisting that the band approves of, though I am not too concerned about it; I don't think the band would work with Peaceville for so long if the label were interfering with their art on such a level.

I can't help but notice that the dead bird's ribcage is see-through, but all you see is plain white behind it, instead of being able to see the trees and the grey landscape.

For what it's worth, if you look at the high res version, as posted by turbid, the detail is there.

I hope there is a limited edition with 3d postcard type dealies that have Jonas tapping his thigh over and over and the whole band doing the BREDBENTCORE.

Ahaha.

Sometimes bands record tracks that they decide don't really fit on the album that they're working towards, and I have no problem with buying said tracks on singles, EPs, etc. in addition to getting the album. In the case of Viva Emptiness and "Wait Outside", didn't the band say that this was the case?

I agree with the band about Wait Outside. Also gorgeous "Sulfur" doesn't fit LFDGD, but is briliant as a b-side.

In the case of Viva Emptiness and "Wait Outside", didn't the band say that this was the case?
If I remember correctly, Wait Outside was not left off Viva Emptiness consciously, but the recordings of the track were lost due to some harddisk crash and therefore it was simply impossible to include it on the album. Later the recordings were somehow retrieved (or they re-recorded the song..?) and included it on the Black Sessions compilation.

Or actually, now I remember and realize I'm mixing two things up :) It was the case with Consternation, which was originally recorded for VE, but the recordings were lost and therefore they decided to re-record it for TGCD.
In any case, I certainly hope that Dead End Kings will have a final tracklisting that the band approves of, though I am not too concerned about it; I don't think the band would work with Peaceville for so long if the label were interfering with their art on such a level.
As Sodomizer posted somewhere else in this thread, the final tracklisting is how the band wishes it to be, Peaceville had no say in it.

BTW, I wonder what the influence of the new members will be. Of course Renkse and Nyström always wrote 99% of the material, but Sodomizer is also a composer, I hope he got to contribute some stuff.

And please not these dumb super jewel case things.
Its Peaceville, so it will be. All their new releases have been in "super jewel box" for some years now.

Also, this issue of bonus tracks has long since gotten beyond a joke. Stop complaining so much about such trite, unimportant fucking issues, then see how much of a better reaction you will get. They're bound to release a "special edition" at some point with the extra tracks so either wait for that or buy the record twice, whatever.

Well, I'm not aware of what he posted before, I can only see the edited versions of the posts. But yeah let's move on.

The name of the album kind of grew on me, at first it sounded like too much of a doom album name (like MDB album names), but then, I think after I read Jonas' explanation, I kinda started liking it. The names of the songs sound interesting as well. I think they keep referring to their old songs. The One You're Looking For Is Not Here is a line from Walking by A Wire if I am not mistaken.
Yeah that looks awesome, would have much preferred that as the album cover