Death/doom

Im new here, Ive also been looking more into Death/Doom I love the early period such as My Dying Bride, Amorphis, Anathema, Tiamat etc.

Ive check out Asphyx, but personally their later albums degenerated into cliche Death Metal and they lost the originally of their first 3 albums or so.

Check out a band called Godgory, they are bad ass.

Which bands/albums should I check out if I want death/doom without any clean vocals? Something similar to October Tide - Rain Without End would be awesome.

even though a female is singing sometimes....get the new one from Draconian I tell ya!

trust me, you will enjoy at least 4 or 5 songs...oh yeah

some riffs are so uplifting...you get that Hypocrisiesque feeling sometimes, which is grand

Thanks guys, loads of bands here I haven't heard of. Except Asphyx, they're already one of my favs. :)

Awsome songs! will damn sure listen more to these guys. I love doom metal, but i have not listen to much doom/death. Candlemass is a band that i love of all my heart. If you havent heard of them(wich most metal fans have..) before. You have alot to do. :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFZ_be20Xqc&feature=related[/ame]
My fav' singer btw! Messiah!

But here's another song that you all will like.

Not really doom, but still, its in there. Tiamat, gothic metal band? dont know, but listen to this song. You will hear some Awsome growling in there ;)*Tägtgren does backvocals*

Last edited by a moderator:
man!!! that version of "the sleeping beauty" is fucking amazing!!!!!

try Forgotten Tomb (Black Doom), Ahab (Funeral Doom - sloooooooooooow ;) ) or Crowbar if you like that kind of sound.
Place of Skulls and Lamp of Thoth are amazing as well, classic doom bands.