Doom Metal

Hey guys, haven't been on for a while. First thing I thought I'd do is to make sure everyone has listened to Sinister Realm. If you haven't, do so. Their debut is really awesome heavy/doom. Message from Beyond and Machine God are especially awesome, as well as The Circle is Broken (which isn't on the myspace). Whole album is solid though.

http://www.myspace.com/enterthesinisterrealm

Hey guys, haven't been on for a while. First thing I thought I'd do is to make sure everyone has listened to Sinister Realm. If you haven't, do so. Their debut is really awesome heavy/doom. Message from Beyond and Machine God are especially awesome, as well as The Circle is Broken (which isn't on the myspace). Whole album is solid though.

http://www.myspace.com/enterthesinisterrealm

That Forgotten Legacy band they are playing live with sounds interesting. Very Queensryche/Agent Steelish.

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I love it, and think it's been a great year for these doom/classic metal bands. Sinister Realm, Altar of Oblivion and Argus all had great debut albums IMO.

Any trad. doom bands similar to Revelation, especially on their album "Release"?

I'm loving that slightly proggy sound that's filled with amazing solos.

I've recently been listening to a band called Dark Castle and I'm really starting to get into them. I know they have one full length that got relatively positive reviews. I was thinking of buying it but I just wanted to hear the opinions of seasoned Doom fans before I commit to anything. And could you rec me some similar bands if it's not too much trouble?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point, I was mainly just wondering what others thought of the band. I probably would have bought it either way. This thread seemed to be dissappearing as well, so I decided to bump this instead of starting a new thread. No one has posted in it for a while but I thought this thread seemed important.

I've recently been listening to a band called Dark Castle and I'm really starting to get into them. I know they have one full length that got relatively positive reviews. I was thinking of buying it but I just wanted to hear the opinions of seasoned Doom fans before I commit to anything. And could you rec me some similar bands if it's not too much trouble?

Dark Castle are pretty good, it's pretty amazing how much sound they can produce with just one guitar & drums. I'm looking forward to seeing them on July 3rd. Here are a few bands that are a little similar.

Graves at Sea
Unearthly Trance
Samothrace
Yob

surprised doom metal isn't that discussed here but this is some kickass doom/death from Houston Tx, released in 2023