Fake Doom Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eligos

Problem Yet to be Solved
Jun 2, 2008
Great Plains of the U.S.
www.myspace.com
This is a thread dedicated to death doom, melodic doom, blackened doom, funeral doom, blackened melodic death/funeral doom, and other subgenres of doom metal not approved by Dodens Grav thus far as real doom metal.

Personally, I'd say Novembre's album Materia makes it into at least my top 20, and Daylight Dies' Dismantling Devotion has earned its place in my top 10. I guess that makes me a faggot/poseur/hipster, as do many things I say on this board.

Unfortunately, your stupidity and/or your lack of comprehension is reinforced by your creating this thread. I listen to plenty of doom metal that is not traditional (mostly death/doom), and I never insinuated that traditional doom being "real doom metal" excluded the doom metal status of the other styles. Obviously there's a reason that traditional doom is referred to as such, and if you ask somebody like Rich Walker he will tell you fairly abruptly that My Dying Bride or Skepticism are not doom metal at all, but I never said that that reflects my own views.

This thread should be deleted.

There are already two doom threads. One for traditional doom and one for general doom discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.