Death Magnetic - Out Sep. 12 Worldwide

It's gonna be interesting reading how many bozo's in that French music store will get prosecuted. It appears the people who sell music in France are idiots whereas the musicians are quite the opposite.

First impressions: woah, better than I expected. But still not that good. A couple of songs I don't like (ex. Cyanide), the voice isn't great, the drums are bad, and the mix is bad too (I guess, maybe it's just a bad rip. I mean it's so overcompressed the sound...). And I hate Kirk's solos. A lot of bad things still, but not that utter shit. But I don't see myself playing this with all the great music that's been released. And if I'm in the mood for some Metallica I still have Master or Justice...

First impressions: woah, better than I expected. But still not that good. A couple of songs I don't like (ex. Cyanide), the voice isn't great, the drums are bad, and the mix is bad too (I guess, maybe it's just a bad rip. I mean it's so overcompressed the sound...). And I hate Kirk's solos. A lot of bad things still, but not that utter shit. But I don't see myself playing this with all the great music that's been released. And if I'm in the mood for some Metallica I still have Master or Justice...[/QUOTE

+1 i can't understand Kirk's style anymore:erk: it sounds like an amateur's playing or maybe the mix is bad

Druming is boring as hell, and Kirk still has that wah pedal attached to his foot, I enjoyed the album though.

Sounds ok.
Alot of boring riffs that makes me want to fast forward.
So far I think "Broken, Beat & Scarred" is the best track, i think the first half of that song is the best part of the album, a fast riff with some flow.

Edit: All Nightmare Long is also good.
Edit#2: Correction, its really fucking good. Kirks solo is awesome. This is the best track on the album.

I was fully prepared to hate the new one, but the singles so far suggest the band may be back on track...
Definitely consider buying this one. Wow, haven't said that about a Metallica album since AJFA

Hey, it's actually not that bad going by first impression. And this is coming from someone who had no expectations.

And yes, All Nightmare Long is a pretty good song.

listened to some of it, I like it. Its much better than st angers, its lightyears ahead in fact. Some songs are actually really good, all nightmare long and cyanide are some of my favorites and I think especially all nightmare long will appeal many metallica fans, I'm surprised and delighted!

I listened to some of it on youtube... is it me or is the guitar sound less distorted and heavy than it used to?

I'm also impressed with death magnetic, but then again my expectations were really low.

It's not another Lightning/Puppets/Justice obviously, but it's probably somewhere close to on par with the black album (though I liked that one more actually).

I've heard the leak. Honestly I'm impressed. I was expecting total shit but it's actually good. By far Metallica's best release since The Black Album. I like every song except for The Judas Kiss and The Day That Never Comes. BTW his vocals and lyrics are horrible. "What don't kill ya, make ya more strong" "Suicide, I already died" ... shit. I'd like TJK if his vocals weren't so bad. The guitars however, are phenomenal!

yawn, will be forgotten in time. as far as music goes its garbage

heh, what a load of garbage. Metallica and "forgotten" doesnt fit in the same sentence. Even load/reload that were shit wont be forgotten, why? because they were shit, and it's metallica.