Death Magnetic - Out Sep. 12 Worldwide

Back to subject, they uploaded all the songs to metallica.com, I'm listening to All Nightmare long and Hetfield sounds very Araya-ish at 6:56.

Lmao @ thinking I'm actually Varg.

Sorry dude, I'm just funnin ya, you look like you're staring plaintively out a jail-cell window in your pic there

As a fellow old-dude of Ride the Lightning era Metallica, let me just suggest you check this new album out. Agreed, everything post-AJFA was shit, but this new one... I really think you're gonna be surprised

Metallica has always been there, they never went away they just stopped using their resources, they stopped flexing their muscle, they avoided what the norm was for them. Now they are back. I knew Metallica wouldn't fuck up, thats why I never lost faith in them. Death Magnetic is a new beginning , its not perfect or amazing, but it will grow on you with time. I drink a cold one to Metallica for sewing their balls back on.

Even though I already downloaded the album a while ago I'm looking forward to getting my copy of the album in the mail. Metallica's artwork is always super cool.

sometimes i feel and think that even AJFA was a shit...

Even though I slightly prefer Master of Puppets, And Justice for All is the Metallica album that I listen to the most because it never gets old for me. While most people, including the band for god's sake, hate the production - I love it. In fact, it has my all time favorite guitar sound. It just so damn crunchy...

As far as the new album, the production is it's weakest link. The entire album is right at or above the clipping level. I don't get it how a producer like Rick Rubin can screw that up. I understand that artists want to record their albums "louder" and "louder" so that they will stand out on the radio and supposedly sound better...

Other than that I am REALLY liking this album. 7 of the 10 songs are doing it for me right now. # 1,2, and 4 are the only mediocre songs for me right now. I'll take that any day, 7 songs that I like a lot. My favorites right now are All Nightmare Long, Unforgiven III, and I love the middle section of the instrumental.

I do wish they could give me some more crunch and completely do away with that twangy Loadish sounding guitar, but overall I am very impressed with this album.

One last question thing - why do they love to release the the worst song on their albums (Until it Sleeps, Fuel, The Memory Remains, St. Anger, The Day that Never Comes).

For me personally i dont mind this album, its better than st anger (but then that wasnt hard now was it haha) but i cant really see myself listening to it too much in the future. Cannot find any real classics on here thatll keep me listening again and again. So overall a step in the right direction but they aint back yet. Again thats just my opinion.

The only song that rocks, in my opinion, is the Judas Kiss. Besides, the AJFA thing it's the same i feel about Kill'em all, it just sound so raw, so "aimless", but at the same time (just in AJFA) "unnatural"/"unspontaneous" to me, that sometimes when i (rarely) listen to it i said this is pure shit (sometimes im in the "mood" and i like it). So different from what i feel when im listening to RTL or MOP.

As far as the new album, the production is it's weakest link. The entire album is right at or above the clipping level. I don't get it how a producer like Rick Rubin can screw that up. I understand that artists want to record their albums "louder" and "louder" so that they will stand out on the radio and supposedly sound better...

he screws it up on countless records, throwing mixes that are way too hot to the poor guy who has to master em. check any recent chilis or slayer album for proof.

1.That Was Just Your Life - as the album's starter, it is cool. Reminds me of Dream Theater's Constant Motion
2.The End Of The Line - sounds like the first one, but much heavier, nice song
3.Broken, Beat and Scarred - very boring, didn't done much for me
4.The Day that Never Comes - this song is IMHO great. I especially like the last 3 or so minutes.
5.All Nightmare Long - trashy song with "Kill 'Em All" era riffs
6.Cyanide - baaah...I don't like it
7.The Unforgiven III - if it wasn't for the solo, it would have been an awful song
8.The Judas Kiss - the best song on the album....
9.Suicide & Redemption - very long, very boring and very pointless
10.My Apocalypse - no thanks

So, I like half of the songs, but unfortunately, I don't think I would listen to the album too often like KEA, RTL, MOP or AJFA.

I'd rather stick on the Load/ReLoad era than this.

i think death magnetic is a good album. it isn't groundbreaking like RtL, MoP, and AJFA where, it isn't as good as those classics, but it is solid and fun to listen to. It just rocks. After hearing it a second time i had the feeling that it's even more close to Kill'em All then to the aforementioned three.

I remember being 14 and sitting at home learning riffs from And Justice for All and just ebing blown away and moved by this gigantic band that was conquering the world with power chord maddness...

I hear ya, I was 16 at the time and pretty much doing the same thing. The world is so much bigger when your young:erk:

I'm currently on track 4 first time through, and I'll have to say this is some inspirational shit! Very melodic and riff madness with those classic harmonies. I'm lovin' it. :headbang:

As for the production , It's a little rough! But I think it's intentionally like that just to add a bit of trashiness to the sound. I agree it's a little overboard.

Man, this keeps getting better each time I listen to it. All Nightmare Long is my current favorite, but Unforgiven III is really good too. I don't care if it's a softer song, it's a damn good tune.

If some of you guys are liking it the first time through, that is a very good sign. I wasn't all that impressed the first time.

One of the best piece of lyrics James ever wrote IMO is in Cyanide:

Say, is that rain or are they tears?
That stained your concrete face for years
Crying, weeping, shedding strife
Year after year, life after life
A narrow freshly broken ground
A concrete angel laid right down
Upon the grave which swallows fast
It's peace at last
Oh, peace at last

One of the best piece of lyrics James ever wrote IMO is in Cyanide:

Say, is that rain or are they tears?
That stained your concrete face for years
Crying, weeping, shedding strife
Year after year, life after life
A narrow freshly broken ground
A concrete angel laid right down
Upon the grave which swallows fast
It's peace at last
Oh, peace at last
Not so bad, but I prefer something like:

Bang your head against the stage like you never did before
Make it ring, make it bleed, make it really sore
In a frenzied madness with your leather and your spikes
Heads are bobbing all around it's hot as hell tonight :headbang:

UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! I just tried to listen to it with my Grado headphones. I thought the clipping was bad before, it's unlistenable on my headphones. Get a goddamn fucking clue about how to produce an album Mr. Rubin. That sucks, I like the music... what a shame.

UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! I just tried to listen to it with my Grado headphones. I thought the clipping was bad before, it's unlistenable on my headphones. Get a goddamn fucking clue about how to produce an album Mr. Rubin. That sucks, I like the music... what a shame.

I listened in my vehicle for the first time today, and it sounded really bad. I'm beginning to think maybe it was a bad run at the press. If it is indeed suposed to be there, someone needs their earholes filled with superglue so they can no longer litter the industry with crap.