Death Metal album that is the epitomy of the genre?

1039.jpg

I'd have to go with Suffocation's Effigy of the Forgotten. When I think of what death metal is about, that album seems to come to mind. There are plenty of other excellent releases in the genre, but so many relate more to subgenres such as slam or technical dm, and others have influence from genres such as thrash or black metal.

I'd have to go with Suffocation's Effigy of the Forgotten. When I think of what death metal is about, that album seems to come to mind. There are plenty of other excellent releases in the genre, but so many relate more to subgenres such as slam or technical dm, and others have influence from genres such as thrash or black metal.

I agree

I'll go with this.

It may not be the best album to ever fall under the "death metal" umbrella, but it's probably the purest.