death metal murders on BBC2

vampyrouss said:
hahaha, indeed, everyone seems to love that funky monk! Anyone have any pictures of him by the way? I want one!

:headbang:

Probably cuz he looks like an old dick....but actually rocks!

lmfao.. If anyone can get a picture of him i will love them enternally! Does anyone remember his name? I think my mate videotaped it so i'll see what i can do hehe.
When i first saw him i thought he was going to be a bloke who was there purely to try and 'convert the kiddies'. But he turned out to be rather the rocking one!

opeth_353 said:
lmfao.. If anyone can get a picture of him i will love them enternally! Does anyone remember his name? I think my mate videotaped it so i'll see what i can do hehe.
When i first saw him i thought he was going to be a bloke who was there purely to try and 'convert the kiddies'. But he turned out to be rather the rocking one!

WFT? was he doing with a band?...was that his band?

You are not a true fan of metal unless you witness the brilliance of said Funky Monk!

@ FUBAR - TBH i'm not quite sure, he was doing some random singing from what i remember and i guess the band was just one of the festival acts. If he actually was in a band they'd have to do the support the next Opeth tour - that would rock my proverbial socks!

The monk was, well weird, but in a good way.
he said he loved the music, the actuall sound and melody, and he thought the 'message' was wrong.
he should have a school of similar monks preaching the goodness of death metal at all gigs, he he!
funny funny shit

I'd like to say that the reason I like Opeth so much is because they are such great musicians and they don't need an image to sell their music. They shitty extreme metal bands that were on that documentary, it seems to me that to them its all about the image. They're grown men for fuck sake acting like tits!!!!!! I don't want to get all religious here, but let me get this straight, if they are satanists, then they want to go to hell, right? Why? Do they look forward to the prospect of eternal pain and torure? They all just seem like confused grown men to me who need to hide behind all that shit. With out it they would probably be nothing. Sorry if I've ranted abit, but I needed to get that of my chest. That shit piss's me off.

i agree with Moonlite....Opeth ar great because yeah they do deal with the occult in their lyrics but they're not all like *roars* "Kill the fowl and propose its blood as a sacrificial amanation to lucifer himself!"
:p
I don't know what they get out of being satanists...but then again i don't understand what christians get out of christianity and i guess this isn't the place to discuss my views on all religions ;)

Yeah they were all about 30 years old...i can see why the young kids got into it but seriously 30 year old men fucking about with dismembered pig heads?
Grow up!

Nice one April Etheral!! For some reson I thought I'd get negetive replys. I take it your going to the Opeth gig in Galsgow then? Only two days to go!!!

April Etheral said:
i agree with Moonlite....Opeth ar great because yeah they do deal with the occult in their lyrics but they're not all like *roars* "Kill the fowl and propose its blood as a sacrificial amanation to lucifer himself!"
:p
I don't know what they get out of being satanists...but then again i don't understand what christians get out of christianity and i guess this isn't the place to discuss my views on all religions ;)

Yeah they were all about 30 years old...i can see why the young kids got into it but seriously 30 year old men fucking about with dismembered pig heads?
Grow up!

And I suppose you want all the actors in the world over 30 to grow up to? Its entertainment, its part of the show, most of the bands said that much themselves in that documentary.

Moonlite said:
if they are satanists, then they want to go to hell, right?

No. That is not what Satanism is about at all. Satanism (or atleast LaVey's Church of Satan, I guess there probably are lots of random people who call themselves Satanists who have their own views, like those Italian kids from the documentary) mainly preaches indulgence instead of abstinance and they see Satan not as a being but as the true nature of mankind, basically. They only adopted the name Satanism because they see their religion as the antithesis of Christianity which they consider weak and hypocritical.

I didn't have a problem with Mayhem, they seemed to be enjoying themselves and joking about the pigheads and stuff. There's nothing necessarily wrong with imagery like that combined with music that fits it (which is why Opeth could never have stuff like that, it's just a different type of music). Dissection were just stupid because they talked about being there to spread their message and that they are channelling forces through their music or something. Could have fooled me, I thought I was just listening to good music. And their whole "Blah blah how dare people have fun at a metal show" was even weirder.

Speaking of Mayhem, Necrobutcher is obviously the coolest guy ever. He rivals Mikael in terms of sheer mellow laid backness. But Mikael isn't called Necrobutcher, so he loses.

yeah, that gave me a laugh too. I can see them spotting a guy smiling and drinking beer in the audience and stopping their song. "What do you think you are doing? This is a metal show! Drop that beer, grimace and chant with me, Satan, Satan, Satan!"

I did specifically say I was talking about LaVey's Church of Satan. I know there are different views. But in general that is the one people refer to as it is the most common one and as far as I know it's the only Satanic religion that has an officially registered church.

And I don't think Satanism is any more pathetic than Christianity. I'd say it's less, even. Some of LaVey's ideas aren't all that bad, but then he gets into silly things like magic and that's just... yeah. Dumb. But their stance of not needlessly repressing every human urge is not all that bad I think.

CAIRATH said:
I did specifically say I was talking about LaVey's Church of Satan. I know there are different views. But in general that is the one people refer to as it is the most common one and as far as I know it's the only Satanic religion that has an officially registered church.

And I don't think Satanism is any more pathetic than Christianity. I'd say it's less, even. Some of LaVey's ideas aren't all that bad, but then he gets into silly things like magic and that's just... yeah. Dumb. But their stance of not needlessly repressing every human urge is not all that bad I think.

I was making things clearer for the person you quoted.

Christianity is also pathetic. I agree. Some of the christians ideas aren`t bad, but when they gets into things like God and hell and that`s just....yeah. Dumb.

I guess you all know who "GG Allin" was? In my opinion the shit (the best word how to describe it), he did was much more "dangerous" for kids than any other violent, satanical song lyrics...