Death Metal song (album) needing engineer to mix…

would you be totally against the idea of heaving your own unique guitarsound (but with similar qualities)?
I've just tried a complete overgained reamp through the earforce (no boost) and it fits the music quite nicely, but it's NOT a copy of fleshrot.
I actually think is what you want is a guitarsound without a TS, lush big lowend and less mid-bite.

also: do you have AIM?

EDIT:
Earforce left, 5150 right, both without a TS=killer for your stuff! (you don't need it super defined (need to be "defined enough" though of course), you need it fucking big and brutal IMO.)
we'll see if I'm totally wrong with this soon, lol

damn, really working old school on this...
no TS, different amp for L/R, triggering drums with D4 (actual hardware 19" unit).
tis fun :D
wish I had massey DTM to convert drums to mid, I'd probably use my D4 more often (still sounds different than triggering the sampled samples with a plugin IMO)

dan: just import the midi and you'll have the tempo.
you might have to rename the file from .midi into .mid though

Anyone that posted mixes late last night or this morning I will check them out tongiht when I get home from work. I had to go in early so no time to listen :yell: :yell: :yell:

I'm gonna give this mix a try soon, probably in the weekend, Peter I have a very good idea of the sound you're looking for and I think I have some drum samples that would fit perfectly, please wait on my try I really want you to hear it!

No rush at all dude! Take your time...

would you be totally against the idea of heaving your own unique guitarsound (but with similar qualities)?
I've just tried a complete overgained reamp through the earforce (no boost) and it fits the music quite nicely, but it's NOT a copy of fleshrot.
I actually think is what you want is a guitarsound without a TS, lush big lowend and less mid-bite.

also: do you have AIM?

EDIT:
Earforce left, 5150 right, both without a TS=killer for your stuff! (you don't need it super defined (need to be "defined enough" though of course), you need it fucking big and brutal IMO.)
we'll see if I'm totally wrong with this soon, lol

Sorry, I do not have IM. I will PM you my email if you like as it will come directly to my cell phone and I can answer pretty quick.

Feel free to do anything you want with the guitar tone/sound to get the pest possible end result. I am not looking for a copy of the Fleshrot, Pathology or Cerebral Bore, just wanted to post references so people will know the direction I am going in.

What is TS?

Really looking forward to hearing what you come up with..

Peter

sorry if you´ve already posted this, but: What tempo is the song in? and what tuning is it in?

Man those references you put are really hard to get with pure amp sims, I´m screwed hahaha absolutely devastating the cerebral bore and fleshrot sound

Honestly I don't know the tempo, Kazrog would know as he helped with the drums but I think if you import them it should give you the tempo?

I tune to D-Standard.

Glad you like the reference material dude, that is some great new Death Metal.

Peter

yeah, I'll just do what I think is right, and if you don't like it we can still change the direction.
TS means TubeScreamer (most people on this board use it cause it tightens the guitarsound and gives smooth mids).
aso Fleshrot's drumsound sounds programmed as fuck, but I think that fits the music rather well, not gonna go for the most natural sound myself I think

yo, here's a quick mix...
nothing extremely special, cause I didn't wanna spend too much time automating etc before the general direction is clear (Drums need to come up, uits a tad down etc)...mix/master is pumping, stuff needs to fixed and adjusted here and there but I wanted to hear your opinion before I proceed.

Bloodsoaked

The references you gave were quite different from each other (fleshrot and pathology have a COMPLETELY different sound), so I just kinda ignored those references and did what I think is best for the song.
As I said, juicy thickness/brutality was more important for me than clinical tightness of the guits