Death metal that has a 'difficult' riffing style to get into

Mort Divine

Shrine Maiden of the In-Crowd
Oct 28, 2005
Fargo, ND
I'm looking for something that has a relatively "difficult" riffing style to get into. Something like this, Crimson Massacre's The Lustre Of Pandemonium, Portal's Outre, Gorguts - Obscura, At The Gates - The Red In The Sky Is Ours, Molested - Blod Draum, Infester - To The Depths... In Degradation etc.

Deathspell Omega- Fas - Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum

Not really death metal at all, but many death fans can appreciate it.

I'm looking for something that has a relatively "difficult" riffing style to get into. Something like this, Crimson Massacre's The Lustre Of Pandemonium, Portal's Outre, Gorguts - Obscura, At The Gates - The Red In The Sky Is Ours, Molested - Blod Draum, Infester - To The Depths... In Degradation etc.
Off the top of my head:

Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
Pavor - A Pale Debilitating Autumn
The Chasm - anything

Sorry as this is a bit off topic, but, is it just me or is Stromvold EP by Molested no where near as good as Blod Draum?

Anything by Immolation
Anything by Scarve
Ulcerate - Of Fracture and Failure
Exmortem - Nihilistic Contentment
Commit Suicide - Synthetics

I can't believe the lack of responses to such a good thread! I find Spawn of Possession's music extremely hard to get into, but not in a good way like Obscura. It's just sounds like complete random chaos with absolutely nothing "musical" involved.

Props to the person that recommended Ulcerate. Of Fracture and Failure is my album of the year.

Some more recommendations:

Appalling Spawn's album
Atheist
Burning Inside
Carcariass - Killing Process
Cryptopsy's newest
Dawn of Azazel
Defeated Sanity
Emeth
Disaffected
Disharmonic Orchestra
Pillory

Listen to Wormed - Planisphaerium. It might not fit what you wanted but you should listen to it anyway.

Although Wormed is awesome, I'm pretty sure that's not what thread starter was asking for. I find Wormed's style rather accessible compared to the albums thread starter mentioned in his post.

Finally got around to checking out Outre.