Death Metal

Podgie

Young Man, Old Soul
Jul 9, 2007
London, England
We've got black, power and sludge metal threads, so I thought it was only fitting we have a death metal thread too! That, and I'm bored. :loco: And I figured it was my turn to make a sub-genre thread haha

Death metal is arguably the most extreme sub-genre of heavy metal, and in my opinion the best. Since it emerged in the mid 80's the genre has diversified greatly and spawned some of my favourite bands.

Go!

Couple of favourites, Im not into many death metal bands but the ones I like, I really really like. :kickass:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXQY-H7L58k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXQY-H7L58k[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah its a good Onslaught song but I don't see the point in having a thread about one, quite old song....

Oh wait.

Umm yeah, I'm not into that many death metal bands. Death, a bit of Bolt Thrower, some Obituary and Arch Enemy for a bit of melodic, thrashy death.

Not a huge fan but Immolation are pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like technical and brutal death metal, like Nile and Cannibal corpse
Old school death metal bands like Obituary and Death are also undeniable
I should probably expand my sig banner

I enjoy listening tooo *takes deep breath in*

Carcass, Bolt Thrower, Napalm Death, Death, Obituary, Morgoth, Capharnaum, Baphomet, Banished, Cannibal Corpse, Cannabis Corpse, Meshuggah, Suffocation, Masachist, Atheist, Depravity, Impaler, Gorguts, Feretrum, Carnage, Monstrosity, Massacre, Morbid Angel, Bloodbath, Dismember, Vader, Defecation, Autopsy, Pestilence, Exhumed, Impaled, Malevolent Creation, Tardy Brothers.

Errr, theres loads more. A few bands i havent listened too propperly for a while and i really do need too.

I'd say Gojira were a hell of a lot more death metal than Opeth... but yeah, both good bands.

I'm not going to list all the death metal bands I listen to (Dan covered most of them in his post anyway haha) but I listen to pretty much all types of death metal. In recent years I've noticed a fine line between some of the great modern tech death bands and some of the really bad 'deathcore' acts there are floating around at the moment though.. and that's not good. Some of them are horrendous.