Speed Metal

D.Ingram

Mar 17, 2008
Sheffield, United Kingdom.
Another genre-based thread, since there's little to no love for some good old fashioned speed metal these days. What gives?

And obviously, it'd be punishable by death to forget this lot - who pretty much invented the (sub)genre, despite not necessarily being such a band.

Last edited by a moderator:
First thing that comes to mind when thinking of speed metal.

Another gem:

Last edited by a moderator:
I always see speedmetal as thrash but it's leaning a bit more to the NWoBHM, in other words, more melodies in vocals and in the riffs.

Some of it's alright. I do love Motorhead. But most of it is pretty boring and about as dangerous as candy-floss... You know me, I like it tech! Tech and lean. A lot of speed metal is repetitive and simple, thus not for me.

Some of it's alright. I do love Motorhead. But most of it is pretty boring and about as dangerous as candy-floss... You know me, I like it tech! Tech and lean. A lot of speed metal is repetitive and simple, thus not for me.

Of all people, I'd have taken you for somebody with a big love for such things! You continue to surprise me sire.

Alas, I've been shamed by neglecting to mention Accept in the original post. What a twat I am.

Metal Church and Razor seemed cool. I'll have to check them out on Amazon and see what I can find.

Razor's stuff can be expensive to the realms of obscenity. Also, for the speed metal stuff, it's only their first four albums - after that they became a full-on thrash band and swapped singers after their fifth album.

Wolf are pretty fucking cool, I remember seeing them at Bloodstock. great band

They're great, what's more great is that their singer has produced our EP and we're talking about having him recording our debut album as well. *shameless bragging, even if no one cares*
Don't know if this is counted as speed metal, but I would say it is
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM__lPTWThU&ob=av2e[/ame]