Death Metal

Why? Because they have stupid lyrics and their singer is an asshole? Cause I can't find any other reason.

Well there's only one album I really care for in any way (their self titled) and Glen Benton is not only hysterical but a total douche too. So yeah, basically what you said.

Every time I think of Deicide I have to 'do the Glen Benton'. Like so;

bloodbrawl-7.jpg

:( I thought it would be some minute detail over Cannibal Corpse or something. Heartwork? Filler? No, no! I guess if it hasn't clicked, that fair enough but I wouldn't call the songs filler. I'd say about 6 songs are very recognisable and distinctive, you know, have their own identity and purpose... These would be Buried Dreams (great cool melody to open the album), No Love Lost (video), Heartwork (the first video), Embodiment (heavy, slow, mosh worthy), Arbeit Macht Fleisch (the riffs!) and Blind Leading the Blind with the guitar "battle" at the beginning which moves into that stop riffage you kill babies to! I like the other 4 songs of course but I guess those are for the fans of the album, I don't usually skip them.

I think it's an album that will eventually click. Or not! haha, I dunno, maybe it's a personal thing...

Haha nah, I think it would've clicked by now if it was going to :p When I listen to it I don't skip any of the songs though... I just don't listen to it as much as I do their other albums. (Except Reek of Putrefaction, which I feel really suffers from the raw sound)

Thanks to Dungeon Vic for all the tips:) Gonna sort'em into my spotify playlist:p

EDIT: HOLY SHIT this thread was a lot fucking longer then i noticed:lol: I reffered to Vic's long post on the first page if anyone is confused as fuck about this one:p

DOUBLE EDIT: OMG, what the fuck am i doing... I meant the fourth page:lol: I need to be more observant:loco:

I figure I'll add a bit to the list making thingy. I'm not realy much of a death-metal guy, but Death is one of the greatest bands of all time in my opinion. I'll try to order my favorites :lol:

1: Human
2: The Sound of Perseverance
3: Symbolic
4: Spiritual Healing
5: Scream Bloody Gore
6: Individual Thought Patterns
7: Leprosy

Ok..... yeah, I think thats good. That was tough though >.<
:lol:

Other than Death, I just listen to Cynic, Atheist, Opeth and Amon Amarth.

I find that most death-metal bands just aren't to my liking, as I'm VERY picky about the singers voice, which, anyone who's been here a while could probably tell you. :lol:

Well there's only one album I really care for in any way (their self titled) and Glen Benton is not only hysterical but a total douche too. So yeah, basically what you said.

Fair enough but I have to say if I ignored bands and musicians who I thought were douches and their lyrics crap, it would cut my record collection in half!
--------
Glad my post was helpful! :)

To the dude who listens to Death and Atheist, I'd say give Pestilence - Testimony of the Ancients a chance, most people who dig those bands like that album a lot!

On the topic of Deicide, I couldn't care less if Benton is an arse in real life (It's not like I have to hang out with him if I listen to his band) and his lyrics are a little silly... The first three Deicide albums are great.

Fair enough but I have to say if I ignored bands and musicians who I thought were douches and their lyrics crap, it would cut my record collection in half!
--------
Glad my post was helpful! :)

To the dude who listens to Death and Atheist, I'd say give Pestilence - Testimony of the Ancients a chance, most people who dig those bands like that album a lot!

I did. I hated it. :lol: :erk:

OK, but I have to wonder what is that you are looking for in the vocals. It's not that Amon Amarth, Death and Opeth have much in common style-wise.

How does one hate Land of Tears??? :bah: :p

Last edited by a moderator:
On the topic of Deicide, I couldn't care less if Benton is an arse in real life (It's not like I have to hang out with him if I listen to his band) and his lyrics are a little silly... The first three Deicide albums are great.

Damn skippy.

Took me ten minutes to scroll down this page as I was rofl'ing too much at that photo.

You know I said the first three Deicide albums are great? Yeah. Well, The Stench of Redemption aint bad either. I was a little disappointed with their latest album though...