Death Metal

EvilGenius

you like my new avatar?
Jun 13, 2002
Republic of Alberta
Visit site
I just realized that from the sounds of it, that I'm the only one here that is into DM. The funny thing is, I don't really care for anything by Katatonia prior to Discouraged Ones.

Although my CD collection is by far dominated by DM, two of my favorite bands are not (one of em being Katatonia, the other Faith No More). Is there anyone else here that appreciates DM?

The best DM is the dark stuff, like Incantation, Angel Corpse, and Immolation (oh fuck, I guess I'd include Opeth in there as well), but I always love the slower, doomier tracks, the ones I'd love to slow dance to with the right woman haha! :D (like Incantation's "Unto Infinite Twilight/Majesty of infernal Damnation" off of their Diabolical Conquest album).

Anyone? Or am I just fucked?

Fucked, right?

I enjoy it every now and then..
Although i am mostly into Thrash (if we talk other metal genres that is).
but every now and then there comes a death band i cant stop listening to... right now it is opeth mostly (and have been so for quite a while..)
f you like REALY brutal stuff, i can recomend Soils of fate..
Although i dont quite like the growling, they are briliant musicians.
And ofcourse, a little bit of vader is never wrong.. :)

Death Metal = good :)

I used to listen to DM all the time, but fortunately I managed to broaden my musical interests some time ago. Nevertheless, I still enjoy Bolt Thrower ( :headbang: ), Carcass, Dismember, Entombed, Malevolent Creation or Nile (especially their first album), for example.

Originally posted by EvilGenius
I just realized that from the sounds of it, that I'm the only one here that is into DM.

Wrong!

And like ColdDarkNord said, you all should go & get the new Bloodbath album when it's released! Pure Death fuckin' Metal!!!!

Hey cool! Yeah, Nile is one of my favorites too... it drives me nuts that I don't have their latest release!

I'd like to get the Bloodbath stuff, but it ain't likely that I'll find that where I am. The selection is terrible, at least for finding some of the more obscure bands.

Good stuff!

I have to be in the mood for listening to death metal, butI enjoy listening to entombed, carcass, obituary,death and of course bloodbath! The breeding death ep was brilliant, I'm looking forward to their new full lenght!

Origin, Rotten Sound, Nasum.. mostly grind..

ARG!! How could I forget ORIGIN!?!?!?! :lol:

Rotten Sound too...and Pig Destroyer...but Pig Destroyer isn't death metal hehe.

Hey cool! Yeah, Nile is one of my favorites too... it drives me nuts that I don't have their latest release!

OHH MAN!! GET IT GET IT GEEEEET IT!!!!!!!!! :p

Originally posted by bleedingfilth

Rotten Sound too...and Pig Destroyer...but Pig Destroyer isn't death metal hehe.

Haha! yeah I know i know.

I don't really care for grind all that much. I think my basic idea of it is the one most "normal" people have of DM: I can hardly stand it. I really, REALLY have to be in the mood for grind. I have albums by Rotten Sound, Nasum, but the closest thing I to grind that I listen to regularly is Exhumed and Origin (hey, how is THEIR new album? I just fucking love the drumming... can't believe he was kicked out of Angel Corpse FOR BEING TOO SLOW!! lol, who the fuck made that judgment???)

I go for more melodic death metal - Opeth, Dark Tranquillity etc. I'm not too keen on stuff like Nile.

has anyone heard the newest Entombed album? if it's anything like the previous one I'll be pretty pissed off. I'm afraid to check it out just in case it is anything like"same difference". oohh... I was choked...

Other music I like that ain't DM: Alice In Chains, Tool, Darkthrone (THE ultimate black metal music), anything by Devin Townsend (well, mostly just SYL and The Physicist), Lacuna Coil, Soilent Green (maniac lyrics!), and other stuff I can't think of right now.

Has anyone heard this new song by Stone Sour (I think it's called ''bother''? I actually really like it, and I was surprized to find out it was sung by the singer from Slipknot, a band I don't really care for a lot. Check it out if you got Kazaa or mp3.com or whatever. you might like it)

I love Death metal :headbang:
#1 all time favourite death band is Bolt Thrower :worship:
Also love:
Napalm Death
Death
Deicide
Obituary
Opeth
Bloodbath
Dark Tranquility
Arch Enemy
plus a whole bunch more, but I won't bore you with the rest... ;)

Originally posted by bleedingfilth

My kinda woman!! Grind owns.. Origin's drummer is godlike.

Originally posted by rustymetal
I go for more melodic death metal - Opeth, Dark Tranquillity etc. I'm not too keen on stuff like Nile.

Same here, although I think Nile have a decent song or two, but then I have only heard one or two songs by them...

death, malevolent creation, napalm death, brutal truth, nasum, bolt thrower, opeth, arch enemy, DT, in flames, etc i dont like ur typical "gore gore gore" death metal or ur "i worship the devil"death metal its so lame i cant begin to describe the infinite lameness