Deathspell Omega

I FINALLY heard some of this awesomeness thanks to Decadent.

*deep breaths*

Good shit. Goooood shit.

In response to crimsonfloyd, yes, SMRC does sound rather warm for a BM album. The music is also intensely appealing. Perhaps the sound of the album contributes to that. Rather than the annoying feel of icy shards of winter on your balls at 5 AM, this sounds more like a cool cellar or misty attic of wonder and excitement felt on your cheeks and back...at around 8:30.

Also, GoD, your lack of mentioning ABITNS wouldn't have anything to do with Prozak's opinion on the matter, would it? Taken apart from TH, I like the "feel" of its riffs slightly better at times. Panzerfaust is wicked good as well.

I'm not sure about Prozak's opinion on it actually. I personally think A Blaze... is good but can't stand up to the brilliance of the other three. It seems a bit haphazard and unfocused in places, probably due to them being in the middle of a stylistic change.

Jean-Pierre said:
Who cares about production? Riffs + Satan > Production.

THat has to be the greatest quote I have seen on this forum. So true, so true. Cheers to you, Jean-Pierre, you have boiled black metal down to its essence.

If you want to do some trading, check out my list. www.cd-tracker.com/~elephant

mike.