The Kvltest Ov The Kvlt Black Metal

Believe it or not it's possible to be appreciative of something while still disliking fanboys of that thing, you silly bugger :)

Cynical said:
Anyone else see the discrepancy? :lol:

Perhaps you should have clicked on the link. There are samples.

I occasionally post on the forums and Prozak is a pretty cool guy. I agree with him on quite a few issues and he's a friendly chap. That said, you, Cynical, are a slavish clone of SRP who I doubt has had a single original thought since he discovered the DLA. It's probably better that way anyway because when you attempt to discuss something you can't refer to ANUS reviews or columns to be told what you should say, your analysis becomes completely wrong. Every time. The Chasm's new album does not sound like Dissection and Nokturnal Mortum is not pop music with a folk facade tacked on. I am afraid to say that you're a better poster when you stick to regurgitating Prozak.

The fact that you still remember what I think about NM when that was at least a few months ago (I know that I think they suck, but I didn't remember having any discussion about it any time recently) shows that it must have hit you hard enough for you to remember it. Perhaps there was a seed of truth in there that you don't want to admit? Face it, early NM was pure faggoth, and Nechrist was faggoth and black hardcore, mixed with some folk instruments. Take "Perun's Celestrial Silver"- Folk flutes playing a little sing-song melody, then guitars come in playing the same melody. Then, it blasts into a black hardcore riff (actually, that same riff has been used by several shitty grindcore bands), before heading into a "two-chord soaring riff with keyboard backing" a la "The Acclamation of Bonds" (off of Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk), and fucks around with the gay excess of sentiment for a while, before ending on the same riff that it opened on.

That The Chasm argument would have been your best bet at supporting the prozak clone argument. However, if you can't see that they've devolved into a "heavy metal" band, take the band's own word for it; by their own admission, the main influences were Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Slayer, and on their forums (back when they were still up; they took them down right after releasing "The Spell...") they even agreed when someone (in a positive manner) referred to them as "The Mexican Dissection".

Demiurge said:
That said, you, Cynical, are a slavish clone of SRP who I doubt has had a single original thought since he discovered the DLA.

Haha Demiurge fucking pwned you.

Cynical said:
That The Chasm argument would have been your best bet at supporting the prozak clone argument. However, if you can't see that they've devolved into a "heavy metal" band, take the band's own word for it; by their own admission, the main influences were Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Slayer, and on their forums (back when they were still up; they took them down right after releasing "The Spell...") they even agreed when someone (in a positive manner) referred to them as "The Mexican Dissection".

lmfao

Must I apologize for having a good memory? I remember tidbits from various posts and topics, sometimes for a remarkable period of time. It's not because I study them or there is an absence of things to occupy my mind away from the internet, I simply cannot help but remember. I am particularly likely to recall comments that were particularly enlightening or idiotic.

In all seriousness, Nokturnal Mortum makes use of modal harmonies, which no faggoth band could be bothered with. I think you should stick to subjective commentary because I find your attempts at in-depth analysis lacking.

I don't want to hear secondhand about old discussions on a forum that I never even viewed. The Chasm is unlike most death metal bands in that they're not overly dissonant or consumed with complex rhythmic maneuvering, but I maintain that their melodies are rather unlike Dissection's.

I don't need to prove that you are a prozak clone because it is self-evident. Some time recently(last 3-4 months), there was a discussion of some band(emperor?dissection?) and in your argument you copied and pasted Prozak's words as your own. You may have made slight alterations, but I recognized them as right out of a DLA review. Don't worry, I'm downloading Holmboe symphonies now and this makes it difficult for me to browse the internet, nevermind scour the forums you post on for this post. You'll probably have plenty of time to find and delete it or just as likely, I will lose interest. Frankly, I'm not that determined to bring you down a notch, I just want you to know that you're utterly transparent and you should probably put some effort into becoming a more productive poster.

Your best bet is to use Soulseek, go in the black metal room, and search for files in that room. Stuff you can't find you put on your wish list, so the program automatically searches the files of people as they enter the room.

I can only think of two or three albums I haven't been able to find using this method.

Soulseek's all inclusive while DC hubs are exclusive, so shitty obscure French music nobody cares about is available in droves.

TaylorC said:
Um, both of those are Christian black metal bands. Not that I have problems with those types of bands, but they're not really grim or "kvlt". More like the opposite, since they have synths and female choir in some songs.

Good catch, my man! If you know me at all, you know I couldn't resist.

Morbid_Corpse said:

^ Neither could he. :lol:

Cynical said:

Wow, you are a dipshit. Even you should be able to determine the gaping holes in that logic.

Aren't you tired of being totally pwnz0red by almost everyone on this board? Geez, you're like a village bicycle with two flat tires.

Guardian of Darkness said:
Oh here we go. You'll have noticed by my uber-postage that I've got a lot of time on my hands. All the best BM I've heard, minus the obvious Norwegian stuff + first wave (and the ones I've forgotten, which will be many):

Abigor – Nachthymnen
Abigor – Opus IV
Abigor – Orkblut, The Retaliation
Ad Hominem – Planet Zog: The End
Aeternus - …And So The Night Became*
Aeternus – Beyond the Wandering Moon*
Algor - Úder pohanského hnevu
Antaeus - Cut Your Flesh and Worship Satan
Astrofaes – Ancestor’s Shadows*
Astrofaes – Heritage
Averse Sefira – Battle’s Clarion
Averse Sefira – Homecoming’s March
Avzhia – Dark Emperors
Beherit – Drawing Down the Moon*
Belenos – Errances Oniriques
Belenos – Notre Amour Eternal
Belketre – Ambre Zuetki Vuordrevartre
Belketre/Vlad Tepes – March to the Black Holocaust
Bethlehem – Dictius Te Necare
Black Murder – Feasts (demo)
Blut Aus Nord – Fathers of an Icy Age
Blut Aus Nord – The Work Which Transforms God*
Blut Aus Nord – Ultima Thulee
Branikald – Stormheit
Choronzon - Magog Agog
Countess - The Return of the Horned One
Countess - Heilig Vuur
Dark Tribe - In Jeraspunta...
Deathspell Omega – Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice
Demoncy – Joined in Darkness*
Demoncy – Within the Sylvan Realms of Frost
Drudkh – Autumn Aurora
Drudkh – Forgotten Legends
Epheles – L’ombre de la Croix [demo]
Falkenbach – En Their Medh Riki Fara
Forefather - Ours is the Kingdom
Forefather – The Fighting Man
Forest - Forest
Forgot – Misanthropy
Fullmoon – United Aryan Evil*
Galgeras - Uwer Ter Ere*
Gontyna Kry - Welowie
Graveland - Carpathian Wolves
Graveland – Dawn of Iron Blades
Graveland – Following the Voice of Blood
Graveland – The Fire of Awakening*
Graveland - Thousand Swords*
Griffar – Of Witches and Celts
Hades – The Dawn of the Dying Sun*
Hail - Inheritance of Evilness
Ildjarn - <take your pick>
Infernum – Taur Ru Fuin
Kataxu – Roots Thunder
Kawir – To Cavirs
Lucifugum – On the Sortilage of Christianity
Manes – Under Ein Blodraud Maane
Maniac Butcher – Invaze
Master’s Hammer – Jilemnice Occultist
Master’s Hammer – Ritual
Megiddo – The Atavism of Evil
Megiddo – The Devil and the Whore
Menhir – Thuringia
Moonblood – Blut und Krieg*
Moonblood – Taste of German Steel
Mordaehoth – Bloedwraak
Morrigan – Celts
Mortuary Drape – All the Witches Dance
Mutiilation – Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul
Mutiilation – Vampires of Black Imperial Blood
Myrddraal – Blood on the Mountain
Nachtfalke – Doomed to Die
Nachtfalke – Hail Victory Teutonia
Nachtfalke – Land of Frost
Nagelfar – Srontgorrth
Necromantia - Scarlet Evil Witching Black
Necromantia/Varathron - Black Arts..
Negura Bunget – ‘n Crugu Bradului
Nokturnal Mortum - Goat Horns*
Nokturnal Mortum – NeChrist
Nortt – Gudsforladt*
Ohtar - Woodland Desolation
Pest (ger) - Ara
Raven Dark – Berustet Av Kriegsdronnet
Raven Dark – Verdandi
Root – Hell Symphony
Root – Zjeveni
Rotting Christ - Thy Mighty Contract
Sacramentum - Far Away From The Sun*
Samael – Worship Him
Sarcofago – INRI
Sort Vokter - Folkloric Necro Metal*
Stutthof – Towards Thy Astral Path
Summoning - Dol Guldur*
Summoning – Lugburz
Summoning – Minas Morgul
Summoning – Nightshade Forests [EP]*
Summoning – Stronghold
Thallium – A Howling From A Thousand Years
The Shadow Order - Raise the Banners
Thorns - Grymyrk
Thorns – Trondertun
Throne of Ahaz – Nifelheim
Tormentor – Anno Domini (I'll leave this even though it's first wave, just 'cause it's underrated)
Varathron - His Majesty at the Swamp
Veles - Black Hateful Metal/Triumph of Pagan Beliefs
Velvet Cacoon – Music For Falling Buildings
Weakling - Dead As Dreams
Weltmacht – And to Every Beast its Prey
Wolfnacht – Heidentum*
Wyrd - Heathen
Yamatu – Shurpu Asaru

*ESSENTIAL (note that those without a star might also be essential, some of these I'm not familiar enough with to say)

Which ones are more melodic then others? and also where can i buy Weakling? i cant seem to find it...

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
Which ones are more melodic then others? and also where can i buy Weakling? i cant seem to find it...

Abigor – Nachthymnen
Aeternus - …And So The Night Became
Aeternus – Beyond the Wandering Moon
Astrofaes – Ancestor’s Shadows
Belenos – Errances Oniriques
Countess - Heilig Vuur
Deathspell Omega – Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice
Drudkh – Autumn Aurora
Falkenbach – En Their Medh Riki Fara
Forefather - Ours is the Kingdom
Gontyna Kry - Welowie
Graveland – The Fire of Awakening
Megiddo – The Devil and the Whore
Moonblood – Blut und Krieg
Nachtfalke – Land of Frost
Nokturnal Mortum - Goat Horns
Sacramentum - Far Away From The Sun
Summoning - Dol Guldur
Summoning – Lugburz
The Shadow Order - Raise the Banners
Varathron - His Majesty at the Swamp
Weakling - Dead As Dreams

These would probably be best to start with, they're some of the more accessible, melodic (in the way I think you mean) releases.