Deathspell Omega

crimsonfloyd said:
Her production is horrid, but I agree with the point you're trying to make.
Ok, another example-
By VVVVV's logic, Prometheous is the best Emperor album.

Cynical said:
You still don't fucking get it, do you?

Hint- better production doesn't always mean better music. Otherwise, Britney Spears is the best artist ever.

He probably means that if both bands sound the same and one has better production then he's going to prefer the one with better production.

Cynical said:
Ok, another example-
By VVVVV's logic, Prometheous is the best Emperor album.

Promethus has HORRIBLE production. Use Metallica's Black Album as an example for crystal clear production.

Prometheus may have terrible production, but it's sure as fuck better than the production on In the Nightside Eclipse, Wrath of the Tyrant, or As the Shadows Rise.

GoD- both bands sound the same on a base aesthetic level, but one communicates far more clearly, unless both are the exact same album. My point is that it's foolish to value the production over the communication.

Perhaps Anthems vs. ITNE would be a better comparison.

Cynical said:
My point is that it's foolish to value the production over the communication.

I agree, that's why Wrath Of The Tyrant is the best one. ;)

But still, I understand what VVVVVVfuckyourhandleVVVVV is trying to say...

Cynical said:
GoD- both bands sound the same on a base aesthetic level, but one communicates far more clearly, unless both are the exact same album. My point is that it's foolish to value the production over the communication.

Of course I agree, I was more implying that VVVVV isn't trying to say that production matters more than composition.

"Sound the same" doesn't equate to "having the same compositional skill". Unless "Infernal Battles" is the exact same album as TH, they're not the same compositionally; and thus, he's valuing production over composition; or at least it seems that way, since all he's gone on about is how the production is better.

Not to mention that if Infernal Battles was the same album, it'd have stolen all the ideas from TH and then just glossed them over on the surface anyway, which is hardly a reason to praise it more highly than TH. 'Less you're an entertainment-fag, of course. ;)

Transilvanian Hunger owns you all. Seriously, this album is renowned for a reason. Black metal riffs, the way black metal riffs was supposed to be played.

I MEANT THAT I LIKE DSO'S OLDER STUFF BETTER THAN DARKTHRONE'S STUFF BECAUSE I ENJOY THE PRODUCTION OF DSO'S EARLY ALBUMS BETTER.

PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP NOW.

thx

V.V.V.V.V. said:
I MEANT THAT I LIKE DSO'S OLDER STUFF BETTER THAN DARKTHRONE'S STUFF BECAUSE I ENJOY THE PRODUCTION OF DSO'S EARLY ALBUMS BETTER.

PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP NOW.

thx
AND I'M POINTING OUT THAT IT'S STUPID AS HELL TO VALUE PRODUCTION OVER MUSIC!!!!! AND I'M ALSO PARODYING YOUR STUPID USE OF CAPS!!! NOW I'M GOING TO USE "FUCK" AND "PLEASE" IN THE SAME SENTENCE TO PARODY YOU FURTHER.

PLEASE FUCK YOUR MOTHER NOW.

thx.

Ivan- the productions on ITNE and Wrath are terrible. The music, however, is excellent; and those two albums are infinitely better.

That other fag- I'm not mocking his opinion, I'm mocking what he bases it on, particularly while trying to appear "tr00".

Ivan- the productions on ITNE and Wrath are terrible. The music, however, is excellent; and those two albums are infinitely better.

I must disagree with you in a friendly manner, sometimes production can ultimately make or brake a record regardless of the music being displayed. Although, in Emperor's case I find that the dreary production only enhances the atmospheric darkness that can be found on these two "genre-defining" black metal masterpieces. You must have some inclination as to what I am talking about...?

Ivan the terrible said:

I must disagree with you in a friendly manner, sometimes production can ultimately make or brake a record regardless of the music being displayed. Although, in Emperor's case I find that the dreary production only enhances the atmospheric darkness that can be found on these two "genre-defining" black metal masterpieces. You must have some inclination as to what I am talking about...?
The production on those is atmosphereic; but, particularly on ITNE, it tends to turn everything into an undistinguishable static droning.

Abominatrix from M-A suggested that it's because they found the two worst amp soudns ever to combine; I can't speak to the validity of this.

Ivan the terrible said:
the productions on ITNE and Wrath are terrible.

Although, in Emperor's case I find that the dreary production only enhances the atmospheric darkness that can be found on these two "genre-defining" black metal masterpieces.

Those two statements contradict each other, the definition of "terrible" production is "production which is unfitting".

Guardian of Darkness said:
Those two statements contradict each other, the definition of "terrible" production is "production which is unfitting".

This is true G.O.D.

Good moderating! :cool:

No pun intended...

Guardian of Darkness said:
I guess you could say it's unfitting, given that it makes certain riffs completely inaudible.

Ivan, WTF does that post have to do with moderating?

Cynical said:
I guess you could say it's unfitting, given that it makes certain riffs completely inaudible.

Ivan, WTF does that post have to do with moderating?

Sarcasm...?

Too much Tuborg I suppose... :loco: