Deathspell Omega

^ STFU.

I'm still in the dark about DSO, but all this conversation simply heightens my suspense.

I'm surprised I haven't asked this before, but if older DSO sounds like TH, what does the newer album SMRC sound more like?

anonymousnick2001 said:
^ STFU.

I'm still in the dark about DSO, but all this conversation simply heightens my suspense.

I'm surprised I haven't asked this before, but if older DSO sounds like TH, what does the newer album SMRC sound more like?
Yes, I should shut the fuck up for pointing out that someone's opinion shouldn't be taken too seriously, since he's basing his judgement on bad criteria.

SMRC is like a less brutal version of "Casus Luciferi". Check out the "Sola Fide II" or "Hetoimasia".

Watain - Casus Luciferi, bloody awwwwwesome black metal album

Anyway..

When it comes to Darkthrone I completely agree with Jean-Pierre and Lykathea this time. ABITNS > TH > UAFM

When it comes to DO, well SMRC is definitely their best release but I'm tied between Infernal Battles and Inquisitors of Satan, I like them both equally really although I need to give them more of a listen. The Clandestine Blaze split is awesome as well.

Cynical said:
Heh, I like how VVVVV completely ignores the actual music on the two albums, only going for the slick production, and saying that it's better because of that.

You'd probably love In Flames and Britney Spears.

Actually production has a lot do with it, it benfits the music believe it or not... :loco:

Cynical said:
Heh, I like how VVVVV completely ignores the actual music on the two albums, only going for the slick production, and saying that it's better because of that.

You'd probably love In Flames and Britney Spears.

What in the shit are you talking about? I've listened to it more times than I've fucked your mother. It's better in production, meaning it's better in music. Get a clue.

I find the quality of the music itself and the production of Transilvanian Hunger to be quite inferior to anything Deathspell Omega released.

Dodens Grav said:
I find the quality of the music itself and the production of Transilvanian Hunger to be quite inferior to anything Deathspell Omega released.

Indeed. Old Darkthrone is pretty overrated.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
What in the shit are you talking about? I've listened to it more times than I've fucked your mother. It's better in production, meaning it's better in music. Get a clue.
Music =\= production. Get a clue.

Oh, and the dude saying that early DSO is better than TH musically as well as production- you're a dipshit.

Cynical said:
Music =\= production. Get a clue.

Oh, and the dude saying that early DSO is better than TH musically as well as production- you're a dipshit.

I didn't fucking say that. Is it not obvious that if I like the production better, I am going to like the music better? Shut the fuck up now.

Somberlain said:
Bleh.. Transilvanian Hunger is perfection in minimalism.

It's pretty damn good, but Blaze and Funeral Moon are just a tad bit better. Plus, I can easily understand why someone would enjoy "Infernal Battles" more than TH. It's much more riff heavy.

My order of preference for Darkthrone (these are the only three I consider to be great):
1. Under A Funeral Moon
2. Soulside Journey
3. Transilvanian Hunger

Somberlain said:
Bleh.. Transilvanian Hunger is perfection in minimalism.

Right on, balls to the wall!

Everything post "Total Death" can be ignored but "T.H." is a solid black metal album for it's time, what's with all the fuss?

anonymousnick2001 said:
^ STFU.

Well for one the early albums have very thin classic BM production, where as SMRC has very thick production. It's unusually heavy on the base for black metal. This gives it a much more "hot" feeling as opposed the "icy" feeling of most black metal.

The vocals on SMRC are a lot more raspy and dry- a little deeper too, where as the old albums had more of the standard high pitched screeches. Also the songs go more places on the new album where as the old albums tend to stick to an ABAB type format. The new one also feels far more complete and conceptual then the first two. Oh and it has Georgian chanting on it which is just plain awesome...

Ivan the terrible said:
Right on, balls to the wall!

Everything post "Total Death" can be ignored but "T.H." is a solid black metal album for it's time, what's with all the fuss?

Aw, cmon man...Hate Them and Sardonic Wrath were fun as hell. :headbang:

V.V.V.V.V. said:
I didn't fucking say that. Is it not obvious that if I like the production better, I am going to like the music better? Shut the fuck up now.
You still don't fucking get it, do you?

Hint- better production doesn't always mean better music. Otherwise, Britney Spears is the best artist ever.