Deathspell Omega

Somberlain said:
Clandestine Blaze owned that split. Genocide Operations is one of the best songs they've recorded. Deathspell's side is superb as well.

I like DSO's side more, I think.

The riff at the beginning of The Suicide Curse = awesome.

Not eons, but it's definitely better, although SMRC is nothing like their other stuff, so it's an unfair comparison.

I enjoy each album equally. I actually like the demo songs on Infernal Battles (particularly track 6) more than the album though.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Because pre-SMRC DSO is better than Transilvanian Hunger because of the production.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH... dude you should be a comedian.

You weren't serious, were you?

Transilvanian Hunger is among the top 5 most overrated Black Metal albums of all time. A Blaze In The Northern Sky and Under A Funeral Moon are vastly superior.

Let's put it this way: I fucking love Drunkard because they sound like Kreator and are damn proud of it. I feel the same way with early Deathspell Omega sounding like Darkthrone. Si Monvmentvm Reqvires Circvmspice is interesting and very moving to sit down to and just listen, but I can bang my head to Infernal Battles. :Spin:

Cynical said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH... dude you should be a comedian.

You weren't serious, were you?

The production on Inquisitors Of Satan is a much better job in general at bringing out each particular instrument while still retaining the atmosphere abundant in black metal of any high order.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
The production on Inquisitors Of Satan is a much better job in general at bringing out each particular instrument while still retaining the atmosphere abundant in black metal of any high order.
Yeah I agree. It's nice how you can hear everything, base included while still having that fridged, grim sound. That being said I still like the production of Transilvainian Hunger better...

You just agreed that DsO's production was better, than said you liked the opposition of the argument's production better...

V.V.V.V.V. said:
You just agreed that DsO's production was better, than said you liked the opposition of the argument's production better...
Yeah, when I said "I agree" I was saying I agree with the fact that one can hear every instrument on early DSO albums, which is very effective. However, I still think the thin, distant production of TH is more effective...

Heh, I like how VVVVV completely ignores the actual music on the two albums, only going for the slick production, and saying that it's better because of that.

You'd probably love In Flames and Britney Spears.