Deftones/Katatonia

Deftones are an ok band. I'd probably buy White Pony if it wasn't for that Chico Moreno (?) dude. He's a fucking asshole and I don't put money into the pockets of asshole...

Here's the part where I start whining, I've been a big Deftones fan since shortly after 'adrenaline' came out, so about 7 years I think. the whinig now, between busy college, stupid work and crappy local record store opening times I haven't got to even hear any of the songs. And now it has started to piss rain, and I have to walk about two miles to get home, with a stupid 30 mile train journey in between. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!!!! whine over. I'm going home to listen to 'viva emptiness', or maybe 'souvenirs'. POOH!
Medion said:
damn...the new Deftones-Single "Minerwa" sounds like Katatonia, don't you think?

How awfully disrespectful to Katatonia... Deftones are repetative and monotonous...I've listened to them and gave them a reasonable chance, They're just nothing special.

I won't deny that Deftones are a Nu Metal band, however they are a VERY GOOD nu metal band and represent the potential that the genre never managed to live up to.

WHAT! I ahve a sick taste in my mouth now because of this post!
Deftones are discusting. NO WHERE NEAR KATATONIA-FACT. The new song hurts my ears. That guys voice can only do one thing..whine. Jonas's voice can vary A LOT. Deftones music is usually played to put petit children to sleep. Oh soo boring...

The only fact is that you're message is disgusting.
First think than write. This is the right way it goes.

I agree with the fact that Deftones will never sound like Katatonia and the other way round!

Minerva ain't the best Deftones song but I believe that the new album is a hammer! Deftones always bring the deepest emotion into a wall of sound ->Minerva!

But this is useless: I'd never come on the idea to compare Katatonia and Deftones and I like both the most! (apples and oranges) Point!

Deftones aren't horrible. But yes, they are kinda repetitious. Tool is better. And Minerva is quite dissapointing, I hope the album is better.

I had a cd from Deftones and it's all angsty guys in their 30's dressing like 17 year olds trying to sound all tough and stuff.
That's my opinion

LuminousAether said:
Tool aren't better than the Deftones, they are far, FAR worse. Tool have about 5 good songs and a whole fucking heap of boring, mundane, mediocre songs. They are easily the most overrated band of our generation.

:Smug: Dont hang yourself to far out the window! This is a totally the worste musical quote Id ever heard. :erk:
Whats you background?
Try to be :Spin: objective! This is the Katatonia-forum ... the other side of the moon.

Yeah, you just cannot compare Deftones to Katatonia.

BTW, the new Deftones album is a disappointment. I just do not know how to feel about it. Minvera, the single they released, is a complete piece of trash. Their first three albums were all relatively good, too, especially the last one White Pony. It tries to be emotional with a wall of sound (Deftones style), but instead of being emotional it just becomes repetitive. Why they chose that song to represent the new album is beyond my comprehension. It is by far the worst song on the entire album. And the entire album is just choppy. It's like they couldn't decide what direction they wanted to go in.

As for Katatonia, they are brilliant and continue to be brilliant with every album. Not many bands can match the same desolate, hopeless, and decayed feeling that radiates from "Discouraged Ones."

Yeah I just bought, and giving it the first spin now, no tracks are really standing out, Minerva was a little better on second listen, but still not a strong "single" track, I will give it a few more listens before comparing it to the other albums though