Deftones/Katatonia

Katatonia are in my oppinion not very close to Deftones guitar style, and I can´t be bothered to find the chord or example right now so i´ll leave it at that... I just got home from work and i´m too tired... i´ll give a better answer later...
What do you mean by, the linking park comment, do you hear them in deftones´ White pony?

Everyone needs to stop comparing Katatonia to other bands. Mainly because; yes, maybe those other bands have a good song, or two, but every Katatonia song is good. That's what really sets them apart from the rest.

Unless you were being sarcastic, I'd go along with it and say, "Yes, Staind sure does sound like Katatonia." :D

Katatonia are superior musicians. Deftones are more unique. All in all, I woul say Katatonia are the superior band, for I believe they are the best rock songwriters around right now. The nu-metal scene is putrid and awful, and only Deftones and Slipknot stand out of the pack. Although Deftones are more alternative or hard rock than any form of metal.

The new Deftones album rules. Listen to "When Girls Telephone Boys", "Battle-Axe" or "Bloody Cape" if you don't believe me. Although I was initiall dissapointed, the album grew on me steadily, and now it think it second only to Around The Fur.

sulbimation111

i`m with FuckinShit, im not a big deftonesfan but these guys do have feelings into their music.

and yes, i agree with the title post, the song sounds a bit like katatonia !! for me anyway...

deftones and katatonia?????????? no way..... katatonia are unique, and in my opinion they don't sound nothing like deftones. deftones suckz. katatonia rulz.

Folklore said:
did you listen to the deftones song, windfall?
i bet you did not.

yeah i did, and i don't really think they look like katatonia. ok.. maybe some guitars and something sound like them in some parts, but nothing more. if u compare the whole song it's not like katatonia. the deftones vocalist suckz. and only some parts could be confused like being katatonia. but that's not enough.

deftones' drummer (abe cunningham) is wicked. so is chino. In those two respects, deftones has better musicians. but i think that anders can play guitar better than stephen carpenter. the bassists would be equal in my opinion, both quite good.

Katatonia just brings a different twist into the music, and has a different style altogether.. i dont know why people want to go bash different bands just because they started to use different tuning (in flames got flamed a lot for that) and just getting more popular. most people around me havent heard of katatonia anyway. they're a good band, so just leave it at that.